Whirling Death on the Dreamer

Cunning

Question

In a simlar vein to some of the other threads posted recently.

If the Dreamer and various nightmares (doesn't matter how many) are within 2" of Lilith and she uses whirling death, can this hit the Dreamer?

I've used this twice in the past and we've decided that it can. But whereas with automatic fire I can see the logic behind it, I'm not sure in this instance.

Cheers.

They are Legal Targets (within Lilith's melee range and within 3" of the Dreamer) but were already targeted and attacked by Whirling Death. The Dreamer cannot be targeted by the Strike.

If they are legal targets could she attack the stitched a second time?

edit- Yay 500 posts!!!

They are seperate strikes, but its the same action. I feel like I'm playing the mr. smigs role in this thread.

If its three seperate attacks, why not just give her flurry.

Because flurry is against one target

If they are legal targets could she attack the stitched a second time?

edit- Yay 500 posts!!!

She can only attack each target once

No.

Each model may only be attacked once. "a" is used as a singular in Whirling Death. Whirling Death does not grant more than one Strike per model within Range.

So then they are not a legal target of that attack

Thats my issue

She has a strike to make, she cannot legally make it against the stitched or the alp. dreamer is the only legal target.

I already they are Legal Targets due to them being within Lilith's melee range. They cannot be attacked a second time.

But thats horse$$$$$$$$ having my cake and eating it too. Please dont get me wrong sketch, 90% of the time I am with you on your rulings. I have nothing but respect for you.

The dreamer as was decided cannot be targeting if their are legal targets left.

Whirling death dictates that you cannot attack the same target twice.

if all other targets in melee range and within 3 inches of the dreamer were targeted already, that only LEGAL target for that last strike is the dreamer.