Dave's Malifaux Minis (Along With Other Minis)

dsmiles

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you are without a doubt one of the most prolific painters it has been my good fortune to encounter. Just do me a favor and remember to take time to eat between painting sessions. :)

Oh, and btw, really nice looking Ramoses(?) Rami(?) Ah, you know what I mean. As always, thanks for sharing.

Food is a crutch. ;) For me, miniatures wargaming is more about the miniatures and less about the wargaming, though I won't pass up a game if I don't have to.

Thanks. :) I wanted to do some OSL on aRamos, but like aSonnia, I thought there would be too much lighting, and he'd end up all blue.

Next up: Steamborg and a crapton of spiders.

For me, miniatures wargaming is more about the miniatures and less about the wargaming, though I won't pass up a game if I don't have to.

Ditto. I think I have painted more miniatures that have never hit the table than those who have. And I don't game with unpainted miniatures. And sure, everybody likes to win, but wargamining to me is more of an excuse to have some fun with my painted models.

Keep up the good work.

Oh, absolutely. I have 2 GW troop cases full of minis, two 3'h x 2'w 3'l totes (each with about 6 layers in them) full of (mostly WarmaHordes) minis, a 1'l x 1'w x 6"h box full of (mostly unpainted) Tau and Tyranids, and probably about 100 or so random minis just hanging around the house. With another 25 or so primed and ready to paint and assemble. Addicted? Me? You can't be serious.

I like it, and it may just be the pics aren't capturing it, but it looks like the flesh (which I do like the color of, btw) could maybe benefit from a little deeper wash to give it a little more definition. Just my opinion though, even without a solid looking paint job. keep up the good work and, as usual, thanks for sharing.

and one other thing I just noticed, he's standing on his hind legs. the front two are not on the ground, did you pin him? aren't you afraid he'll fall off?
You can't see it in the pictures, but the 'foot' that's resting against the vertical gears is pretty solidly glued on. As in, "It's a solid lump of glue running from the point where leg meets gear all the way to the horizontal base." (The other foot is just in a puddle of glue, and isn't so solid. If the glue doesn't hold, I'll end up pinning it, but I'd prefer not to [as I'm out of pinning material and flat broke :P ]).

EDIT: Also, the only picture that his face was showing in came out blurry (and by the time I posted the pics, his varnish was already on and drying; satin varnish makes them too shiny to photograph properly).