Basing

Bohemian

Now that I've started to complete the painting on a few puppets. I was thinking about how to 'base' or finish the top of the button. I kind of want to paint the edge of the base the suit color (red for Rams, purple for Masks, etc). I think a solid color for the base will be too boring.

Any thoughts or suggestions? What is everyone else doing?

Hi,

Was thinking about basing the puppets on plastic buttons of the factions' colors. Or maybe just buttons of the same color: don't know if the faction indication is useful?

Faction = Suite indication in PW really.

Which could be useful for people who don't know the Malifaux models and where they fall. So it's certainly a possible way to go with it.

Now that I've started to complete the painting on a few puppets. I was thinking about how to 'base' or finish the top of the button. I kind of want to paint the edge of the base the suit color (red for Rams, purple for Masks, etc). I think a solid color for the base will be too boring.

Any thoughts or suggestions? What is everyone else doing?

My wife and I planned on doing the same thing with the lips of the bases to help new people out. As for the actual basing the easy answers are a wood grain look, a fabric look, or other things along those lines.

Yeah. I spread the green stuff on with my fingers (dip you fingers in water so it doesn't stick to you) and I smooth it out with a sculpting knife (also dipped in water). Then you can just cut in however you like. The painting I did is done with (Games Workshop colors) Scorched Brown, then a drybrush of Fortress Grey, a drybrush of Bestial Brown, then Chestnut Ink. I'm fairly sure that they don't make Chestnut Ink anymore, but Ogryn Flesh should work well enough.

IMAG0356.jpg

Edited by ComplacntBadgr
Errors

• 2 weeks later...

hi folks,

a little time has passed now, ppl should have there puppets now.

any more have based there puppets ?

more splendid ideas ?

tried a couple of things today

puppetbase.jpg

the first one is a 30mm inlay i cut to size.

i believe i like that the most, but will cost some more.

the second one i like to, easy, low cost plank base.

the third, i like less, maybe paint can make it better.

so, if ppl have pics or other ideas, plz share with us :-)

grtz merces