Any one ever tried using the Hanged with Kirai

loststarr

Yes, they don't hit hard enough for her imho. She's an aggro master and Hanged is more of a slow-play/control minion.

Personally I think Hanged are hugely overrated for every Rezzer master, though. I rarely run them anymore, they're only good against living lists and those are few and far between and impossible to predict in any case.

Hanged are very good with Kirai. They can support her other troops very well. A :-fate flip on Wp makes it easier for Ikiryo & Onryo to hit and for Spells to work. It has high Wp so can go toe-to-toe with Pandora, a single hit and it's all over for her as Incite/Pacify is no longer effective so she loses all mobility. Not to mention it's ability to stop things healing, hit a Coryphee once with that and it's on 4Wds and can't heal, it will practically take it out the game.

I do think 2 is too many, I would always swap one for Jack Daw as the two combined are far better than 2 Hanged. Jack Daw making sure that the Hanged strikes go through by stopping the target cheating.

Lately, if I'm playing Kirai, I'm taking at least one Hanged. They provide Kirai some interesting options, and they are something that she can't summon. For me, the fact that she can't summon them makes them a better choice than some of the other things you can get.

As has been said, they work best against a living crew. With seemingly fewer people taking living models, their Terrifying isn't nearly as good as it could be. Of course, as was also pointed out, the negative twist to WP can be a big deal as long as the opponent isn't Immune to Influence. Datsue-Ba + Hanged can work quite nicely, if you manage to get it set up correctly.

I do think the Hanged have a place in some Kirai lists. They're not an auto-include by any means, but they give you additional options beyond what I typically see many people fielding with her.

I normally don't use kirai in smaller games [<35 ss ] but in larger games I'll normally take one just for the control on them- they can absolutely burn through your opponants hand if used right. Also, using Hangman's Knot to drag enemie's away from Squishies like kirai is often rather useful- if you can set it up right you can shut down a melee threat for a few turns with a hanged.

Still, not a common choice for me, 'cos Kirai has more important things to take, LL, Seishin and Datsu-ba almost always go in.