new to the game.....outcasts!

Welcome to the forums! :) Your starter set should come with all the cards for the models in it, although a rare few people have had issues with stuff, if you do just contact Wyrd about it. Your particular choice of starter set is one of those that'll need the most expansion, and is more difficult to learn with. I'd highly recommend checking out the Outcast forum for better advice, I don't know Hamelin that well. From what I do know, I would recommend at least two more blisters of rats, and a blister of rat catchers. I know nine rats seems like a lot, but you'll be creating more of them during the game, so you may not start with all of them, but you definitely will want them on hand.

Really? More Stolen? the starter comes with three...

Yep.. that's what I thought but when I brought up a question of what I need people said get more Stolen! :D

I don't even have a Hamlin crew yet, its on the list but people seem to insist on more Rats and Stolen :D so basically I['m trying to sound like I know what I am talking about using other peoples advice! :D

You need more The Stolen because Hamelin has a (1) action which summons one, thats pretty much the reason he is fast.

Obedient Wrench is considered good, and it will drop a rat of equal value if it is killed, but I prefer the Primordial Magic from the Neverborn, 1 it gives you an increased starthand, and Hamelin needs all the help he can get for cards, this effect is called Arcane Reservoir, but more importantly: Hamelin needs masks for his spells (- Bleeding disease) which the Primordial has inbuild, and since the Primordial has a Ca of 5 he will be a better caster after Hamelin drops once, and can get of Understand the Soulless with a very good chance, take that chance to make more enemies Insignificant ^^