Regeneration and Poison?

BigGreen

Question

6 answers to this question

Actually there is an order to resolving effects, when they happen simultaneously, and it's listed on page 6.

I believe it is the most ignored set of rules in the entire Rules Manual, even though it is arguably the most important thing a player needs to grasp.

Neither of the effects is a must/may effect. They aren't immediate effects either. In such case, you always resolve effects of the acting player before the remaining effects, and the effects caused by terrain/encounter etc. (i.e. not belonging to anyone) last.

Based on that I think Regeneration will normally go first and Poison second, because poison isn't an effect of the acting player. If the poison was given by a friendly model, things may be different though, because the acting player resolves his effects in the activation order.

Poison's just an effect,though, is it not? That is, not player-bound.

EDIT: I guess that'd be the "not controlled by either player" clausule, effectively still saving the model.

Yup, it saves the mini.

But I think poison is actually traceable to the player that has applied it. I think it's been ruled that way when it came to appropriating the poison kills for the Strategy purpose, but maybe I remember it wrong. In such a case, you'd be safe from opponent's poison, but not necessarily from your own (would depends on activation order).