New to Zoraida

Chris_Outcast

I am totally new to Malifaux, but I am considering doing a Zoraida list, starting at 25ss as my local club is running a slow grow Malifaux League.

I have the following models :-

Zoraida The Hag

Bad juju - Mire Golem

Silurids x 3

Convict Gunslinger

Hamelin

Can anyone suggest a good 25ss list to start with?

I noticed that a number of Zoraida lists don't have Silurids in them at all - are they a bad choice, or are there simply better options available?

Thanks

Slurids are kind of a default choice so people tend to not use them because the lure of other models is too big, but they're really good if used in the right way. (Typically hit and run, i.e. charge, then self preservation to move away, then leap behind cover etc)

With your models I'd be tempted to run JuJu with 3x Slurids or (if you want to use Big Z more) go with the slurids and the gun slinger and an 8ss cache.

The only problem Zoraida has with Teddy is that he's Immune to Influence (IE, no Obeys). That doesn't mean that you should never take him, as he has some pretty serious staying power which is a rare thing among Neverborn minions. Just be aware that if you do he'll be spending his own AP to move, charge, attack, etc. Plan accordingly.