New Neverborn Nephilim List

MightyBroden

I want to do a 35 list based only on nephilim models. Heres what I was thinking of doing:

Lilith

Terror Tot x2

Lelu

Lillitu

Nekima

That leaves me with a 6 ss pool. One of my friends says its a good balance and that I'm not focusing on beefing up my Terror Tots which he thinks alot of Neverborn Nephilim players do. I told my other friend about the list and he thinks I should drop Nekima for one more each of the Lelu and Lillitu because of the fact that they feed off of each other and that they die quick if its other half is dead.

What do you guys think?

Lelu-Lilitu-Nekima is a nasty combo some people frown at. Terror Tots will grow pretty quickly with Nekima around, even if you don't feed them with Desperate Mercenaries. Should Lelu or Lilitu die, you can always sacrifice a Tot (or a Young if you have already Grown them) to get it back, so lack of multiple Lelus and Lilitus isn't that much of a problem.

Lack of Totem for Lilith is a problem though (at least for me). Her spells are very important for a Nephilim crew, but she also needs to move and fight a lot. Totem is priceless as a caster, when you need all her APs for other stuff.

In other words it is more of a 40SS combo - a bit hard to squeeze into 35 points.

Well I'm very glad to see you haven't built it as a grow list! But what Q'iq'el says is true, Nekima is a bit hard to squeeze into a 35ss list with the twins involved.

Basing a list solely off of Nephilim is rather easy, you just have to decide how you want the list to function. Focusing on the growing aspect of the Tots while not being an abusive blood factory user is a very good thing and still solid once you get it down. Mainly you are now relying that your opponent has some Living or Undead models.... so just be aware that against a few crews you are SOL for Blood. But the Twins + Nekima is very nasty, auto triggers for Lilitu lets you use Lure to it's highest extent and drag models from your enemies front line all the way back to your line, giving you easy kills with Lelu afterwards and food for your Tots.

The Twins are fine if you only take 1 set. Losing one does not get hte other one killed off that quickly, there are ways you can keep them alive, especially Lelu who can just keep feeding and killing to heal himself up each turn. Its a myth that you need 2 pairs of them to get hte most out of them. In fact, I've always found it best to have 1 pair and then the rest of your list is more variety of models and abilities.

But this is not the only way by far to play a Lilith list. Hopefully you have read my Tactica (See link in my signature) and the Wiki page on Lilith (See the other link in my signature) as these give you a good overview of the master and some crew ideas.

If you wish to Drop Nekima for another set of twins you have a Nephilim Bomb list which basically has you having a 5 model Alpha strike with Lilith + Brood Mothering one of the twins and then using Bond to chain the rest of them. So its a very powerful burst every turn, it just leaves you out activated afterwards. But if this is more along your play style, sure give it a try with Proxies first. Otherwise, Nekima can fit neatly into a 35ss list if you rely more on the classic Nephilim.

Lilith

Nekima -14ss

Young Nephilim x2 -12ss

Terror Tot x2 -6ss

Totem (either Cherub or PM) -2ss

This is a rather solid list because your relying on the classic power of Lilith while mixing in the potent buffing Nekima can bring along with her own face eating abilities. If you set things up right, mainly using a Tot as Transposition Fodder, you can Transposition enemy models to you for easy kills and blood and focus on trying to Mature a Young Nephilim quickly which gives you 2 extremely potent minions now.