Alternate McMourning setup

Stonedog-7

Well, after seeing so much good said about Belles and our Lilith players using Lure on Lilitu to such good effect i'm seriously looking at including 1-2 in a McMourning crew but it started me thinking, is a slightly more elite McMourning crew a worthwhile approach as it could have it's benefits against things like the Kidnap scheme too as well as just mixing up what people might start to expect, so i've been thinking of something like

McMourning

Grave Spirit

Sebastian

Canine Remains

Canine Remains

Belle

Belle

Sybelle

for a 25ss list... but is Sybelle a worthwhile addition in a McMourning crew or would i be better with a crooked man or convict to backup the belles and their luring tricks... i swapped out the chihuahua, despite the possible need for parts mostly because of leaving 2 canines & chihuahua in the list as they would become an easy set of kidnap targets

The other part of this thinking has been about me weighing up the difference between buying just a pack of 3 Belles or saying sod it and buying the Seamus box instead :happypuppet2 which if nothing else would give me a choice of 2 masters after announcing that i'll be using Ressers... but that's a whole other thought process

I don't really play McMourning, but I've fought against him a number of times, and I think that the set-up you've proposed would probably work out fairly well, particularly if you're worried about Kidnap. I'd definitely try to summon a Flesh Construct or get some more cheap fodder like Guild Autopsies onto the battlefield quickly.

As to the idea of getting Seamus, I think you should probably bite the bullet and do it. He's a fun master to play (again I haven't played him but I play against him somewhat regularly), and having another Master choice is never a bad thing ;).

I've never played either Seamus nor McMourning, but I agree with Nightjar.

However, I think that given how few Belles you're going to run, and that you don't have Seamus synergy, that Sybelle is probably less effective than a Crooked Man, or something like that.

True. Crooked Men are very solid, and our local Seamus player has been favoring them over Sybelle recently. On the other hand, including Sybelle gives the Belles the ability to companion. I'm not sure how useful that would be in the long run, but in conjunction with the combined activation options for Sebastian and the dogs, it could give you two "clusters" of minions to activate and mob opponents.

I tend to run something very similar. I LOVE Lure - the ability to pull opponent's models out of position and into unpleasantness is fun even before you consider the chances to get your own out of trouble. All that in an incredibly tough model just rocks.

That said, I'd agree that Sybelle isn't great. She's good, but always seems to underperform for me even when I run her with Seamus and 3 Belles. I think you'd have the stones for a Hanged or Shikome... Hanged + Grave Spirit = Indestructible, with a lot of Wp-screwiness, and the Shikome is an awesome striker.

Cool... anyone have any thoughts about maybe dropping it to a single sacrificial dog (or dare i say even no dogs) in favour of another model that would hang around more or just more ss for the cache... i found i haven't had much issue gathering body parts once McMourning hit combat, but in part that was also with the dogs being able to hand corpse counters back to him too which is why i've still been thinking of keeping 2 in the crew

And Buhallin, the Hanged does seem like another awesome option, just wasn't sure of the points as i'm stuck at work and can't look stuff up