Back to painting - My first crew - more to come

yslaire

I stopped painting minis 18 years ago and I've benn painting again since last year.

18 years ago my painting skill were already quite modest (I mainly use dry brushing and water washing instead of inks).

Anyway here are my first painted minis (the bases were not made by me but by a friend who gave me these figs in exchange for old Mid Nors from Rackham) :

IMG_5473.JPG

My camera is 9 years old too... So forgive the quality of the photos.

IMG_5485.JPG

IMG_5487.JPG

IMG_5483.JPG

IMG_5484.JPG

Many more to come :

IMG_5477.JPG

My Sonia Criid crew is in the process of being painted actually but I gave it to a "subcontractor" who is a better painter than I am ^^

I love the look of this crew I really want to paint it!!

BTW, why does everybody start with the wrong crews? But in your wishlist you finally got it!

Haha I nearly ended up with this as my first crew, but I saw the Perdita model and had to have that because I loved the sculpt. I understand that crew isn't that hard to learn with. I didn't choose the crew for that though I just picked what I wanted to paint more!

Just added a Silent One today :

IMG_5491.JPG

IMG_5493.JPG

IMG_5494.JPG

A bit different from the original concept due to her air color and her eyes that are "ice blue" - just because they're not really human beings. I thought it would get along nice with their fluff.

It's tabletop and the photos are mediocre. Don't enlarge them too much. This gives you the actual effect the mini has on a tabletop - dont't look for awesome details :o))