Levi Clarification

LoboStele

Question

Question from last night's game (which quickly reminded how dangerous Kirai can be in Round 1, LOL)

Here's the situation. Levi moved up a little bit, along with both of my Hollow Waifs. Kirai used her turn to summon in 2 Shikome, who proceeded to zip across the table, and attack both of my Hollow Waifs, killing them.

Levi was already down to 1 Wd, so during the Start Closing Phase, Levi should take another Wd, but I spent a Soulstone to prevent the Wd. That works, right?

Secondly, since the Waifs were killed during the round, but Levi was still alive due to spending the SS to prevent the Wd, the two Waifs were summoned back within 6" of Levi like normal, yes?

Still sucked, as Levi had to work with only 1 Wd left, and no cards that turn, LOL. But just want to make sure we did this correctly.

5 answers to this question

Question from last night's game (which quickly reminded how dangerous Kirai can be in Round 1, LOL)

Here's the situation. Levi moved up a little bit, along with both of my Hollow Waifs. Kirai used her turn to summon in 2 Shikome, who proceeded to zip across the table, and attack both of my Hollow Waifs, killing them.

Levi was already down to 1 Wd, so during the Start Closing Phase, Levi should take another Wd, but I spent a Soulstone to prevent the Wd. That works, right?

I believe so because you can spend a SS to Prevent Wds any time you would suffer them. So yes, you can and it works.

(RM P. 48)

Secondly, since the Waifs were killed during the round, but Levi was still alive due to spending the SS to prevent the Wd, the two Waifs were summoned back within 6" of Levi like normal, yes?

Correct. It is just as normal if they died and he didn't, nothing special.

Still sucked, as Levi had to work with only 1 Wd left, and no cards that turn, LOL. But just want to make sure we did this correctly.

Agreed, rough times and Shikome are mean ><

Another clarification: So levi creates another hollow wafe if there isn't one every turn for free?

Levi can only 'create' Waifs from Corpse Counters or by using the Entropic Transformation spell.

Not exactly sure what question you're asking here though.

If the Waifs die at any point during the turn (including being sacrificed as part of Levi's Eternally Shackled ability, then they will be summoned within 6" of Levi during the End Closing Phase due to the Waif's Shackled ability.

Another clarification: So levi creates another hollow wafe if there isn't one every turn for free?

Once created, either the free one at the beginning, by turning a corpse counter into one or by using Entropic Transformation it is more or less in play forever. If one of them is still alive at the end of the turn Leviticus returns to it if dead. If Leviticus is on the board, either having survived or returned, all your Waifs go poof and then return to him anew.

So the only way to permanently get rid of a Waif or Leviticus is to kill Leviticus and all the Waifs in a turn.

Edited by Ratty