Governor's Influence question

Lovepuppet

Hi,

I was curious about Governor's Influence ability of the Governor's Proxy, especially its interaction with Watchful Eye.

When the Proxy is killed, the Influence kills the model that killed it unless that model wins a Wp - Wp duel.

My question is, does Proxy duel with a Wp of 6 or 8? The Eye gives him +2 to his Wp if he is in line of site and it is not a pulse or aura.

Clearly he would normally be in LOS to himself - but he's just died, so does have LOS to anything?

Sorry of this has come up before but I've searched and can't find anything.

• 1 year later...

I am sorry if this is threadnomancy, but I'm also looking for answers to this question and receive conflicting information.

In this thread, a Rules Marshall declares that Lady Justice does not benefit from her Inspiring Swordplay ability, as it would need to specify that it includes her.

Watchful Eye doesn't specify the Governor's Proxy, so this logic should carry over to this ability. However, Watchful Eye goes on to specify that "other friendly Guild models losing a morale duel while in LoS of this model are killed", and it seems other people play that Watchful eye affects the GP as well. No Rules Marshalls in that discussion however.

The LJ thread is an old thread (pre-rules manual) and no longer applies. LJ is boosted by her own inspiring swordplay ability. Similarly, the Governor's Proxy gains +2 Wp from himself, which applies to Governor's Influence as well (so you test with an 8, just remember that the opposing model is considered the attacker - meaning he wins ties, but even Immune to Influence models need to make the test).