[Warhammer] Dwarf Anvil of Doom

Da Big Baws

I have a Dawf army for Warhammer Fantasy. I am handicapped and can't hold a mini well enough to paint. So my brother graciously paints my stuff. Here is my army's centerpiece, the Anvil od Doom!

Army Painter Shade dip was used:

100_0104-1.jpg

100_0106-1.jpg

100_0108-1.jpg

100_0110-1.jpg

Edited by Da Big Baws
Changed can to can't; typo

Well he's doing a good job for you.

Am a dip sceptic, but it's worked very well here.

Many people are. But honestly, it isn't far off from using Games Workshop washes like Devlin mud, etc. that many swear by.

It is fast and simple: both good qualities for painting big armies, specially when the painter is doing his own plus other's ;).

By the way, the dip was brushed on and not "dipped". It is less messy, you have no waste, and gives you more control.

Looks like the results the dip promises. Do you have any more examples of this? I think it looks like it is a nice quick way to go from meh to tabletop quality :).

BTW looks good, nice and clean.

Sure thing. Here are two Grudge throwers, first pic is pre dipping:

100_0115-1.jpg

100_0123-1.jpg

100_0119-1.jpg

Edited by Da Big Baws

Always good to see another fellow Dawi. And those are some beautifully painted minis, kudos to your brother!

So do you have a large army or just starting out? I really need to get back to painting mine, but I have far too many and it just depresses me how much effort it will take!

I got about 2500-2700pts worth, about 60% painted.