TV's plog

(TV)

Hey all. I'm used to speed painting large armies so the slow detailed approach is a bit new to me. So as to make this a learning experience, I am going to upload stuff stage by stage if I can, feel free to comment and criticize.

LEVI CREW:

First Hollow Waif:

-2 pics of just the first base coat only. Breonne blue from reaper on top of white gesso primer. Should I have perhaps put a more solid coat on?

DSCF3665.jpg

DSCF3663.jpg

-pics of her after highlighting attempts. Mixes of breonne blue and ashen blue (reaper) were made successfully lighter with each coat, even mixing in some ghost white at the end. Thoughts? I think I need a smaller brush 8/

DSCF3682.jpg

DSCF3692.jpg

DSCF3697.jpg

I am thinking it might be a bit too messy, what do you all think? I am considering going back with a breonne blue wash to blend it all more and get more shadow back.

Thank you in advance for all comments, criticism, and help!

Regards,

TV

Update, after getting new stuff in the mail, I've decided to focus on getting the Seamus and Nicodem crew finished both for demos and henchman application. Here we see the base-coats underway, do they needs more coats perhaps?

Here they are:

-the lot

DSCF3733.jpg

-belles

DSCF3736.jpg

DSCF3742.jpg

-punk zombies

DSCF3738.jpg

DSCF3741.jpg

-Nicodem and mortimer

DSCF3747.jpg

DSCF3749.jpg

-Primed Seamus and Sybelle (still trying to decide what colour to go with with Seamus)

DSCF3750.jpg

Thoughts?

Regards,

TV

Edited by (TV)

I like your color choices so far. I would probably go darker on Mortimer's skin tone, but that's just me. As to Seamus, I went green, but as you have a green Belle already, what about a blue? The stock blue might look good with your Belle's colors.

Edited by CrimsonWraith

Hmm well I'm trying to figure out what to do. part of me really thinks he needs to have a really bold primary color (but I have no color sense, no lies), but the reaper "triads" that I have not used yet are:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Master%20Series%20Triads/latest/09719

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Master%20Series%20Triads/latest/09728

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Master%20Series%20Triads/latest/09767

buut none of them are terribly "bold." I am really hoping to fit in the "moss" color triad for ressers, it just seems like a great fit. I was thinking of crossing it with a really strong "electric" purple, or at least a strong light one. I don't know, I'm very new at this color thing haha. I also like some blue/purple combos but it seems more arcanist.

Regards,

TV

Definitely the blue one if any of 'em. The grey does really feel Seamus, and the brown Seamuses I have seen I haven't liked. There is an example on these very forums(sorry to who did him, not my style). Blue and purple are complimentary colors, so they will pop less. A thought might be blue his pants, purple his jacket, and use a yellow on the lace/cuff things. Yellow is opposed to purple, and would get some pop. It is also a pain in the puttank color. The blue would be more opposed to orange, but the shade of blue would make me lean towards a rust for the lace if you went that way.(Please keep in mind my color theory/wheel knowledge is rather simple)

More progress, particularly with sybelle:

DSCF3765.jpg

DSCF3771.jpg

DSCF3774.jpg

DSCF3778.jpg

I guess the big thing now is to really work on making the faces interesting. Totally new thing for me as I am used to painting big armies and was never a fan of true heroic scale painting style XD. Any tips? How's the other stuff so far?

Regards,

TV