Brand New To Malifaux...

So my buddy and I both bought into malifaux the other day on a whim. I picked up the first two rulebooks, and a seamus box set, and I'm wondering where do I go next and how does he play? Something about dead hookers trying to kill the opponent really makes me chuckle (and feel a little bad at the very least) and so I'm excited to start a body count. Also might pick up C. Hoffman soon as I like his figure as well (I know I can't use them together but he just looks so cool ;)).

Anyway, thanks for the help,

Chad

The Seamus box set as it stands is very durable,but not very damaging other then Seamus himself. In my opinion,to make it shine I would recommend a Convict Gunslinger for a ranged attack,a box of Crooked Men for more board control,and a box of Punk zombies for Melee damage dealers.

This will give you a variety of options for dealing with most threats. I find that pairing one of them with a belle makes for a great strategy.

Can't beat punk zombies supporting the belles. The hanged are also great and having one in 30ss games can really open up playing options. Crooked men are a lot of fun but not that necessary to play Seamus IMO. I'd recommend you steer clear of Jack Daw till you get the basics down, he has a LOT of rules/abilities.

Welcome, Seamus is great out of the box but yes does lack some damage output except for the man in the big hat himself. He does play a control game and I have loved adding the Hanged an Jack Daw into the crew, they take a little getting used to but can be absolutely brutal.