Looking for 2 good starter boxes

TheDrayke

I just rolled on in here, I'm looking to start playing and, ideally, I'm after 2 good starter boxes.

I like the look of the Neverborn - Kade and Candy box, and ideally the Arcanists, although just a box that would be well matched against Kade and Candy would be good to start with.

Any suggestions?

Yeah Pandora's very concept makes her one of the harder ones to play. But if that's who you like that you should play them. Rasputina I have always thought of as the most straightforward arcanist, followed my Ramos.

For Ressers: Seamus is easy and very lovable/popular

Any of the first book guild crews are nice, though Perdita seems to be the most strong and straightforward out of the box.

I am certainly not the foremost source, but I have heard pretty good things about the Lady J vs Seamus Combo. Lilith vs Perdita should be a good mix. Generally I hear Perdita and seamus are the best out of the box. Those are the 4 boxes that really come to my mind as quite basic at least in the beginning. Rasputina and Sonnia thrown in there somewhere is a good as well, and the viktorias are not bad though I hear mixed things about their newb friendliness.

I have only little experience with the gremlins but I believe the consensus is that you need a lot more gremlins than the box gives you.

I have the Lilith and Peredita box sets. I started with Lilith. They are well matched, but you will have to make sure to have enough terrain on the board or Lilith will just lose. The Peredita box set is one of the best ranged sets in the game. Lilith's is one of the best melee sets in the game.

Games between the two are similar to space marines versus tyranids. If Peredita can shoot all the nephilim before they charge she will win. If Lilith can get into close combat before getting shot in the face, then she will win.

The two masters seem designed to counter each other. Peredita can shoot in melee. Lilith can drop an illusionary forest that most ranged models can't shoot through. Peredita has an ability which gives her a free shot at a model that charges her. Lilith can use transposition and switch one of her minions with one of Peredita's minions. They are both "fast", and have the highest defense in the game. Both can companion their minions, although Peredita can do it a lot more.

Matches between the two with skilled players are a lot of fun to watch.

Yeah, they both have a lot of potential to kill each other, though I'd say Perdita is a bit easier to use speaking purely when it comes to new players. I suggested them because they're quite opposite and are supposed to contrast, not t mention they are opposed in the fluff as well.

Regards,

TV