Buying Nekmia?

micahwc

I have a limited budget and all book 1 neverborn masters. I am trying to decide whether to buy Nekima and the black blood shaman or to invest more into one of the other factions.

I currently own the Ortega box set and the Lucius Box set of guild, as well as Markus. I would like to get enough guild or arcanists to be able to provide enough models for both sides of a brawl, in the event that I move to a place where no one plays malifaux.

Nekima is a cool model, but I have proxied her a couple of times and don't think I will use her all that much apart from a grow list or with Zoraida. I doubt I will use the black blood shaman much unless I am playing against resurectionists.

Is it worth buying an expensive cool model that you will rarely use? Or is it more practical to buy several less expensive models and round out another faction? What do you all think?

What is Nekima's best use? Is she basically a one trick pony with a terror tot grow list?

Is the model's in-game functionality worth $30 when a faction box costs about the same price?

Should I just sell blood plasma or a kidney and pick both options?

You don't use her but with a Grow list? *head practically explodes* That perplexes the heck out of me man, I use her all the time with Lilith and in any Zoraida list with Nephilim. Sounds like your not getting everything out of her you should.

She is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR from a one trick pony. She is a very powerful Nephilim buffer and face eater and well worth the high price tag and SS cost. Please see my Lilith Tactica and read my entry on her there. It goes into far more detail then I can here and if you still have doubts let me know. I will do my best to shed more light on the subject for you.

But to answer the essence of your question, is a rarely used expensive model worth getting over another crew. Well no one but you can really answer that question for yourself. If your not a focused player (ie you like to jump factions and masters a lot) then no it's probably not worth it. But if you prefer to stay focused on one or two Masters and Lilith/Zoraida are one of them then heck yes get her over another Master.

Edited by karn987

Lilith is my favorite master and Zoraida is my second favorite neverborn master. I have read your tactica but it has been a while. I think she will work great with young nephilim and autoflay.

One of the biggest problems I have with her is that everytime I have used her my opponent has chosen kill protoge. It is not that hard to kill her if you are determined to do it.

Granted, she may be worth the money for the model alone. It looks awesome.

Don't throw her out front. She has a big "Kill Me" sign on her and don't think your opponent won't go for the alpha strike. Hold her back in the second rank as a threat as your other Nephilims get to work, then when your opponent sees the other threats and starts to act accordingly have her go and kill something good.

If they hang back waiting for her to strike then have your other Nephilims tear it up.