Hiring a outcast crew?

Blog

Hey all, Have been off the boards for a long time and just got back into Malifaux. I decided to go with Lilith's box to start with. Me and a buddy want to get a second box so we can start doing brawls. The reason for the post is, how does the whole hiring a outcast crew work? I was originaly going to get Pandora for my second box, but the Viktorias box looks like a lot of fun to play. How do "hire" that box exactly?:dontknow:

Also, thier rules regarding deploying both of them at the same time is a bit confusing. Anyone want to clear that up?

Thanks in advance

Well as far as I can tell you still have to pick a faction, Neverborn in your case, and the hiring restrictions and added cost still apply.

So essentially it is still a Neverborn crew that has hired some Mercs to join the Brawl. So try not to think of it as two crews. Same goes for deployment, it is one crew with two leaders that gets deployed as a normal crew would.

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

You pick your Faction first. In this case Neverborn. Then you hire all models as if you were running a Neverborn crew. So any Mercenaries you brought would cost you an additional soul stone. Since it would be a brawl you could bring up to two Mercenaries per master(so 4 total). You could also choose to hire the Vikis as you 2nd master choice, in that case you would have to pay an additional 5 Stones per the rules on there card.

For deployment purposes they would all be considered the same crew.