Looking into my 3rd res master.

Dorian

Hey guys I'm looking into getting my 3rd ressurectionist master. Can't quite decide between Kirai or McMourning. Eventually I plan to have all 4 but in an effort not to fall behind I mandate I paint everything before starting a new master. With that in mind I was looking for advice on Kirai & Dougles.

My perceived pros & cons

Kirai:

Pros - Spirits, movement, Does not rely on counters

Cons - Not much synergy with my other masters / models

McMourning:

Pros - Synergy with my other masters. Melee power.

Cons - Kind of one dimensional, Seems to rely heavily on body part counters.

Just looking for input from people who have played them & on a side note, how do Nurses work? Aside from their (0)'s and Surgery they don't seem to do a whole lot for 5 ss.

Hey guys I'm looking into getting my 3rd ressurectionist master. Can't quite decide between Kirai or McMourning. Eventually I plan to have all 4 but in an effort not to fall behind I mandate I paint everything before starting a new master. With that in mind I was looking for advice on Kirai & Dougles.

My perceived pros & cons

Kirai:

McMourning:

Just looking for input from people who have played them & on a side note, how do Nurses work? Aside from their (0)'s and Surgery they don't seem to do a whole lot for 5 ss.

Depending on how you use McMourning he shouldn't depend on body part counter. It's nice to start him out with a few to pay for "fast". Also keep in mind that he pretty much gets a counter each time he hits someone and you can potentially do that three times per turn in just melee attacks.

My perceived pros & cons

Kirai:

McMourning:

Having played Mcmourning as my first crew, and having played against Kirai, I would argue the reverse is in fact trye, with Kirai currently having less flexibility.

McMourning does rely on BP counters, but he can gain 5 in his first action of a canine remains (wracked with pain, melee strike, pick up corpse counter) for single ap and his zero action.... thats fast for virtually the whole game or a 7ss flesh construct for the cost of most peoples totem. Lots of outcast (and somt others) forgo a more useful totem and 3/4 ss to get a student of conflict just for that privalege...!!!

He hits hard, works well with most other models: you can even run him with dat-sue ba and canine remains to get spirits on the table too.......

He is great fun to use, and can take anu almost anyone if used properly (e.g. if possible go last to heal up wounds already suffered, kill cheap pups summon contructs and rogue necromancies.....

Kirai is great-model and crew, but imo Mcmourning is the best (not in terms of unbeatable, just my preferred) Resse Master- fun, solid, gd models and a pain in ur opponents ass!!!!

btw, always run him with a belle if poss-won me (and a friend who now plays him) several games- well worth the soul stones!!!

Hope this helps, McDoogle

McMourning really isn't one dimensional. He can do movement tricks, Summoning and melee. The other thing is you will be able to use most of your other models.

Kirai is also good, and I would argue very flexable. However she has NO models in common with any other master except Hanged, Jack Daw and possibly Onryo with Seamus.

McMourning does rely on BP counters, but he can gain 5 in his first action of a canine remains (wracked with pain, melee strike, pick up corpse counter) for single ap and his zero action.... thats fast for virtually the whole game or a 7ss flesh construct for the cost of most peoples totem. Lots of outcast (and somt others) forgo a more useful totem and 3/4 ss to get a student of conflict just for that privalege...!!!

Add in a Chihuahua, and make it 8 bodyparts in the first activation!

(1) Chihuahua uses Wracked with Pain on Canine Remain (and hands the bodypart to Mcmourning, though that's not necessary).

(1) McMourning casts Wracked With Pain on Chihuahua (getting the scalpel attack trigger on a mask) - this kills the chihuahua, and nets 2 bodyparts, a corpse, and the bodypart the Chihuahua was carrying)

(1) McMourning scalpel slices the Canine Remain for another BP and a corpse

(0) Summon a Rogue Necromancy with the 8 BPs you just netted!

Requires a mask and a high crow to pull off, but very possible!

If you can't tell, I vote for McMourning - finish off book 1 first. :)