Patchwork Dreamer crew.

Chucklemonkey

Through collecting neverborn generally and preparing for collodis release it has become clear that I could soon field a dreamer list from the random assorted nightmares amongst them. Just looking for advice from the regular dreamer players to see if this list could work or at least form the basis of a working crew.

What I have

Dreamer and lcb

2 stitched

Teddy

Lelu and lilitu on the way.

I assume I will need a clamshell of daydreams.

What would the advantages and disadvantages of this list be and if it could be made better with just one more clamshell besides the daydreams, what would that be.

One nice thing I see with the list as is is lilitu's boost to willpower against a specific target followed by gamble your life.

Any advice welcome.

Through collecting neverborn generally and preparing for collodis release it has become clear that I could soon field a dreamer list from the random assorted nightmares amongst them. Just looking for advice from the regular dreamer players to see if this list could work or at least form the basis of a working crew.

What I have

Dreamer and lcb

2 stitched

Teddy

Lelu and lilitu on the way.

I assume I will need a clamshell of daydreams.

What would the advantages and disadvantages of this list be and if it could be made better with just one more clamshell besides the daydreams, what would that be.

One nice thing I see with the list as is is lilitu's boost to willpower against a specific target followed by gamble your life.

Any advice welcome.

In complete honesty, that will work just fine. The beauty of the Dreamer is that almost any configuration of Nightmares works well with him. He really is very well designed on that note.

This current crew you are running only lacks in number of models on the table. You will be out activated by several crews (though the Dreamer always faces this issue).

The twins are a big point sink, but they have always been worth it for me. Lilitu will actually want to spend a decent amount of the time on the board, probably at the max range of her Lure. She will Lure models in close to her and a Daydream. The Daydream then drops a big Nightmare next to that model to tear it apart. Or if you have Lelu on the field already, she just brings them back for him to devour. Up close and personal she is nothing stellar, but certainly has some tricks. I'll defer to my Dreamer Tactica on the specifics *Points to Sig*

Just remember with Stitched, they are fixed on their cards. Once "Does Not Die!" kicks in, you can't bury them any more. So it's fine to still use them as the suicide troops they are, just remember no more cheaty infinite life for them ;). But their Fog can be very helpful for closing off charge lanes once you drop to. Especially when LCB hits the field, the Fog is tall enough to block LoS to him, so just put a Stitched at the right angle and you can protect LCB if he must stay on the field.

Otherwise if the Dreamer must be near enemy models or in a risky position, leave a Stitched together within 3" of him for Shadowy Form. It will help keep him safe and Does Not Die will make getting rid of it a huge pain in the ass.

Teddy is ALWAYS a good choice with the Dreamer. The Dreamer off sets his biggest weakness, his slow speed (no Melee expert D=). So even 1 Teddy will deliver much death to the enemy.

As for adding to your collection, you already know you need the Daydreams, so you may as well grab another Teddy or Coppelius. Both of them fill partially the same role of melee damage dealer, but Teddy is much more fit for that. Coppelius has some really nice tricks and makes failing a Morale duel around him even nastier. Add that into his Paralyze trigger and he can catch a model alone and feed on it without issue. But he is much more precision based and often needs to be Buried again when faced with more then 1 enemy model.

So there we go, if you have any more questions please lay them out =) Or any specifics etc.

So running two Teddys is a decent option. (I got three when I got my special LCB)

Otherwise I too have the same models as Chuckles. (Love that name.:))

Oh yeah 2 is easily viable. I have a list I run 3 in for some special situations where I need just raw fluffy power. They do take up a chunk of your points, but as long as you keep them buried at hte right time, you shouldn't have an issue with them.

Thanks to all, but especially karn, a wealth of knowledge as usual.

Not looking to build a hugely powerful dreamer list, Just the option of fielding a crew that is not at immediate disadvantage due to the build, and it sounds like the models listed will be just fine for that.

Granted I am likely to buy another teddy at some point and also night terror's for kirai.

Elazar, I like coppelIus but feel ihe would just make me want to buy alps also, no?

I shall check back in with your sig Karn when I have the twins.

Edited by Chucklemonkey

Coppelius kinda wants you to buy a thing of Alps, but you can get away without it. I generally don't actually make any Alps with him during an average game, I usually use the Eyes to heal and what not. But yeah... it is nice to have a pack just in case making one is a good idea. Though you can always Proxy for now as you learn it =)

Its much better than my plan, the dreamer n lcb, and the rest teddys... :s

As long as you have at least 2 Daydreams to, that actually works rather well ^^

Dreamer

Teddy -9ss

Teddy -9ss

Teddy -9ss

Daydream -2ss

Daydream -2ss

Daydream -2ss

Total 33ss with 7 Cache

Just gotta bounce the Teddies in and out at the right time and it mauls people =D

As long as you have at least 2 Daydreams to, that actually works rather well ^^

Dreamer

Teddy -9ss

Teddy -9ss

Teddy -9ss

Daydream -2ss

Daydream -2ss

Daydream -2ss

Total 33ss with 7 Cache

Just gotta bounce the Teddies in and out at the right time and it mauls people =D

mwhahah i just like to go on a rampage... BEWARE OF THE TEDDIES!!!