A new brood

Sliver Chocobo

Simple question, what would you like to see the Nepilim do next

For me; somthing else that the terror tots/young Nepilim can turn into when they cast grow/mature, this might be along the lines of what Nikama's special forces (if she becomes a Henchman) might be like

Another one would be a Nepilim with a bow and arrows, I think bows and arrow would be a perefect weapon for a ranged Nepilim

Simple question, what would you like to see the Nepilim do next

For me; somthing else that the terror tots/young Nepilim can turn into when they cast grow/mature, this might be along the lines of what Nikama's special forces (if she becomes a Henchman) might be like

Another one would be a Nepilim with a bow and arrows, I think bows and arrow would be a perefect weapon for a ranged Nepilim

I think this is a good idea. The only thing is this is "taken" by the Malifaux Cherub...Hmmm maybe making him a grown up Nephalim, and then giving 'ol Lilith a new totem?

I'd like to see one that isn't deployed at the start of the game. Summoned as if it materializes from the very stuff of Malifaux. But maybe this would better suit a Woe.

Perhapes a Nepilim Woe or Nepilim Nightmare

It could unique and called Spring heeled Jack and have some jumping abilties

I think this is a good idea. The only thing is this is "taken" by the Malifaux Cherub...Hmmm maybe making him a grown up Nephalim, and then giving 'ol Lilith a new totem?

I was thinking ranged support, have it have flight, leap and ranged expert, but unable to leap and attack in the same turn. Low damage in the bow, but a trigger that forces the target to walk to where you want it too. There's no reason the Neverborn can't have more than one Nepilim with a bow and arrow

You know no matter what we get everyone is going to scream "Broken".

Nephilim hunters with bows does sound shiny. How about Nephilim hounds that can act like blood hounds?

LOL true

I like bloodhounds, imagine them to be flightless and look somthing like this

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/034/7/a/Ben_10_Poster___Wildmutt_by_Jackademus.jpg

I think there's a reason that Neverborn dont have shooting.. They are already masters of melee and extremely fast. Every faction needs a "weakness" I dont think you 'born players are too hard done by tbh. In regards to something having Nephilim and Woe try Lelu and Lilitu ;)

We do have a ranged model, it's called Insidous maddness Lilitu might as well be ranged, Zoriadia has the biggest range of any model and the guild have (in my opinion) the best melee model, the peacekeeper with Hoffeman

There are lots of ways to blance it as well, to start lets say it costs 6 rare 1 Rg 6 Cb 5

We could give it

low damage

possible cant make Wk actions

fire or STRIKES with the bow cost (2)

it can only attack one target a turn, the list goes on

I said shooting not ranged ;) and you have just proven my point you dont need any additional ranged because that's not what 'born do (yes I know there are exceptions) I'd also argue that the guild aren't pure shooting they are more jack of all trades being pretty good at both shooting and melee.

What's the point in making it range 6? That would make it totally useless in most neverborn crews especially if it costs 2 ap to use as most of your models might as well charge.

NO! NO DOGS! There should be kittens... that look all adorable until you see that their eyes glow purple, and would sooner kill you than cuddle you... :D they would be epic!

Next Neverborn subfaction with a kitten master

I said shooting not ranged ;) and you have just proven my point you dont need any additional ranged because that's not what 'born do (yes I know there are exceptions) I'd also argue that the guild aren't pure shooting they are more jack of all trades being pretty good at both shooting and melee.

What's the point in making it range 6? That would make it totally useless in most neverborn crews especially if it costs 2 ap to use as most of your models might as well charge.

True, this is just for fun anyway

And most of those were ideas, I could make a well rounded shooting Nepilim if you wanted

Next Neverborn subfaction with a kitten master

Well...Hayzel did say she wanted me to become Neverborn...I suppose this would be one way to do it lol.

I do think Spring Heeled Jack would be an awesome neverborn.

+1 nimble,0 action to gain flight and no disengaging strikes.0 action to gain terrifying 12 but not instinctual. a glare to do WP-WP to paralyze a target.6-8 inch range. make it a spell though. give him a scalpel and make him decent in melee but not amazing.maybe cb 4-5. low damage but possibly critical strike or Flurry. Also possibly evasive 1 or 2 to help represent his insane agility.

I think there's a reason that Neverborn dont have shooting.. They are already masters of melee and extremely fast. Every faction needs a "weakness" I dont think you 'born players are too hard done by tbh. In regards to something having Nephilim and Woe try Lelu and Lilitu ;)

I obviously agree with the last point (what with them being nightmares to...) and I also agree that too much range would ruin the 'Born theme- we're not luvvies and ponces who hide and shoot stuff!!! But even the shooty factions also have good combat too- I dont think anyone is suggesting a Neverborn version of Nino is released, just maybe somethinga little different.

To be fair though, we 'Born got more complaints han anyone with new things: Resses have access to all aread IMO for instance.

I still think the variety of "young-level" Nephilim to grow into would make this my fav crew to play by a mile.

And on the "everything should have a weakness" front, Nicodem surrounded by Punk Zombies, a rogue necromancy, zombies and belles using bolster undead would be the equivilant of shooty Neph imo- its having access to all areas....

Some arcanist and guild combos are the same, not to mention the eccletic misfits of the outvats too...

Fundamentally I agree tho- there are other factions for shooty style play!

• 4 months later...