Pandora Makes Perdita Cry Her Pretty Little Eyes Out

jollyork

First game in months last night against a friend and his Perdita inbreds, and it was a real hoot-n-holler. We used the new mini-rulebook, which helped enormously as it is much cleaner and easier to reference than two rulebooks and stacks of errata.

Early on Perdita and Santiago strolled out confidently and blasted Baby Kade and an Insidious Madness into dust. It's a real pain in the ass when you miss Perdita (Df 8!!) and then she kills you for it (Quicker Than You). But soon after Pandora brought the pain and misery as she made Abuela feel sick to her stomach for forcing a marriage and bringing the Executioner into the Family. The only way out was to turn her shotgun on herself - in spectacular fashion as she flipped the Red Joker for damage and took herself out in one shot as well as the naive young Austringer standing beside her (within template range). BOOM goes the dynamite, as they say.

The Family took revenge on more Madnesses and Pandora's Sorrows, who died protecting their mistress, but it was Pandora who reflected the overwhelming guilt back onto them, causing the Executioner, Nino, and Santiago to kill themselves with Self-Loathing.

At that point it was Pandora, Candy, and Primordial Magic, all of whom use Wp in all of their attacks, versus Perdita, who is Immune to Influence and has the previously mentioned Df 8 (!!!). It was up to Candy to turn on her Charm, which Perdita is ALSO immune to, but does make her succumb to those irresistible Sours. And thus it was a slow, but sweet, death for Perdita as she gorged herself on Poisonous treats each turn and finally died a sweet, sugary death. During that time Pandora foolishly wandered out from hiding, thinking she could contribute to the melee frenzy somehow, and was summarily blasted by Perdita.

Final Score:

Pandora's Company of Misery: 2 VPs (Slaughter)

Perdita's Family of Inbreds: 1 VP (some sort of cheaty scheme)

Correct me if I'm wrong I think fighter with new rules manual will allow Pandora or candy to cast self loathing on that weapon. Eagerly awaiting new manual.

Also see unseen rule only allows Perdita to ignore Pandora wp before targeting. This talent is the reason Perdita is the name of Pandora.

Crow flip is a risk with proxy and well worth the risk if Pandora's crew is wp duel focused. 10 wp for Ortega defending is huge. Even pandora would need to burn an ss to auto kill with her vs ca 6. Failing morale duel basically kills model for a turn I will take the risk. I play both masters so I can say Perdita does a little better with the proxy.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

It would be nice if it did work that way, but I'm pretty sure that it does not. Self loathing does not cause the target model to make a "strike". It just causes a negative damage flip using the models melee weapon.

Even if gunfighter let's the model make melee strikes with a ranged weapon, there is no strike and no melee weapon.