Another newbie with questions

Crooked Grin

Hello all

Next week i'm going to a small convention here in the Netherlands and I'm hoping to pick up some starters for Malifaux (since I'm probably picking up a starter for my opponent as well).

I have a couple of questions first:

1) The new rulebook was advertised for this month (I think), but when will it be out?

2) Am I correct in assuming this new rulebook contains updated/revised rules of both the old rulebook and rising powers?

3) Same question as #1 but now for the Hamelin starter box

4) Since I'm more drawn towards the Victorian style crews I was wondering which 2 of the following starter boxes are best to begin with and that don't need extra purchases to be playable (not that I'm never going to spent money on Malifaux ever again however with two little ones who need diapers and stuff, money is tight)

Seamus, Nicodemus or Hamelin?

5) Is it possible/legal to play the hamelin starter with the Hamelin minion figure if you remove the dog and put him on a 30mm base?

Thank you for the help.

1. Yes probably this coming week. Releases in a month usually come out at the end of he month.

2.Yes

3. Same answer

4. Ressers have a tendency to need extra purchases, but Seamus is playable out of the box. Hamelin will probably need some extra rats, and obedient wretch might help. Most LGS will let you proxy, so don't feel like you have to buy the models first.

5. You could some tournaments might frown on it but base size is essential.

Welcome to Malifaux :)

Hello all

4) Since I'm more drawn towards the Victorian style crews I was wondering which 2 of the following starter boxes are best to begin with and that don't need extra purchases to be playable (not that I'm never going to spent money on Malifaux ever again however with two little ones who need diapers and stuff, money is tight)

Seamus, Nicodemus or Hamelin?

Thank you for the help.

Victorian?, definetly Nicodem, he`s a great and fun master, just need to purchase more figures, go with 2 vultures some canine remains and more zombies, he is newbie friendly.

All the core rules should be in there revised, but none of the character rules.

Most of the Book1 model statcards can be found here though.

What does that mean? I thought the starter boxes and clamshells came with the correct info for the characters.

Do I still need to purchase the first rulebook and Rising Powers or is everything I need in the new rulebook?

Thank you all for the useful information so far.

I think I'll be getting the Seamus starter and the Nicodem starter unless one of my opponents (my father, who is going with me to the convention) wants a different crew.

The new Boxes and Clamshells come with the updated Version 2 Cards. You can identify them through a V2 mark on the lower right corner of the Cards.

If you get an old Box... Nevermind... You can send your old card to Wyrd and they´ll send you an V2 card...

Or you just print out the needed cards from the PDF that is linkd obove...

The new Roulebook contains al Corerules with the errata included...

For Playing you´ll need nothing more but this Book and the statcards...

And of Course the Miniatures, a Measurtabe and a Card deck...

If you like more Information (like the stats of other models and more Fluffy storries, to know more about your chosen Master and Faction)... buy Book 1 and 2.

For starting Crews... i would suggest Seamus... becaus he can be played very good out of the Box..

Nicodemus needs realy much additions... (Mindless Zombies, More Minions to summon and so on).

For a Bit Victoran athmosphere... i´ll also suggest the showgirls Box... :)

But they are a littel bit hard to handle for a beginner i think...

@Crooked:

Statcards are indeed supplied with the miniatures when you buy them. So essentially you won't need Book1 and 2.

However planning for future expansions of your crew can be a bit hard if you don't know what the models you'll be buying can do at all, you can probably get a good idea from reading tactica and such here on the forums though, and if you know someone with the books you can just read the profiles.

Also like I said the vast majority of the Book1 models' statcards are in the thread I linked to before - so you can probably easily do without it.