Lady J vs Viks

Ptolemy

Hey all,

Got a 30ss game coming up against the Viks and was looking for some critiques on my list.

Figuring I need to have enough melee punch to deal with the Viks, associated Ronin, possible Von Schill etc and can't really bring a Peacekeeper (too much armor ignoring models in outcasts) here is my list so far

Lady J - Master

Taelor - To serve as a middle line combatant that can hold the line against a Vik/Ronin/Von Schill onslaught. Magical attacks in case of a Jack Daw appearance.

Nino -For obvious reasons. Bang + Bang = Profit

Austringer - Long range, ignores cover and LOS. Deliver Orders for a short companion chain.

Gov. Proxy

This leaves me 7 SS to work with. I don't mind spending all of them and leaving off a scheme in order to have a SS pool of 6.

Any suggestions for how to round out the list (or alter it completely?) Current possibilities (as individual selections) are:

-Watcher - Shut down the Friekorp Trapper's ability to deploy behind me.

-Abuela - Shotgun wedding the Austringer, use Obey to increase damage output by Lady J, Taelor or Nino as appropriate. Family chain can be used with Deliver Orders for major alpha strike chain if needed.

-Guild Guard Captain - Another meatstick in the middle of the line. Decent in melee, decent at mid range, 10' menace (shutting down movement can do alot to a Vik crew)

- Hunter - Fast moving, + flips against targets I activate prior to, snares, decent df/wouds

- Sam Hopkins - Moving down enemy models with massive dmg. Would have to remove the proxy

- 2x Death marshals - Good overall models - like Hopkins, would have to drop the totem.

Thanks for the advice.

How do you want to run it? More CC or more Ranged?

I try to focus on one or the other when I'm building.

Here's a CC version

Lady J

Lucius

Judge

Death Marshal x2

Watcher

Watcher - prevents any deployment and also helps you stack the deck to pull the cards you need more often or put the low cards on the bottom of the deck

Death Marshals - first up put Lady J and Judge in the boxes

Lucius - I know he's a point sink but Slow to Die, causing Negitive Flips on every attack or cast at him followed by 5" Movement and some nice spells.

Judge - I don't care what people say, he is a beat stick and has always worked really well for me. Taging with Lady J makes him nasty.

So how to play it.

Turn 1: Lady J and Judge both in boxes. Move Lucius up 10" then use Reinforcments on first Death Marshal to put within 4" from Lucius in cover. Watcher stays in cover and helps deck stacking for now.

Turn 2: Start with Lucius moving once or twice or activating Reinforcements and pulling second Death Marshal up who both of them can move and shoot as needed and you still have the big guys in the boxes and if the marshals get shot/hit up they have Slow to Die to give another reaction before being able to pop out Judge/Lady J who still have to be activated. Watcher still sits back OR depending on Strategy/Scheme can start moving.

You can plan form there hehehe

I saw someone using Ryle yesterday and he causes an insane amount of Dakka dakka dakka as the 40k players would say. He can bring about as much gunfire to the fight as Nino does. But his is a more spray happy,blast you and anyone that happens to stand nearby kind of way.

I had fun with Ryle yesterday myself but if your playing against someone who can ignore armour then he is rather expensive for it.

But on the other hand he would be drawing fire...

This could be a shooty version:

Guild Crew - 30 - Scrap

Lady Justice
--
7 Cache

• Nino Ortega
    [7ss]

• Ryle, Guild Pawn
    [8ss]

• Watcher
    [3ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Guild Austringer
    [5ss]

I had considered Ryle, more as a replacement for Sam than Nino.

Problem is, the opponent I'm playing is certain to use his terrain drops to drop wall after wall in the central portion of the board. He's a good player and will be using cover to his advantage. With Ronin movement, shouldn't be hard to move across the board in cover, giving Ryle negative flips.

Lucius seems very expensive for the trick mentioned. No Guardsmen means that he can't use one of his better spells.

Though I'm worried about all of the armor ignoring models outcasts can bring, I'm still considering the Peacekeeper. Paired with Lady J, I would have all the melee punch I need. He would have start the game behind the first rank though to protect him from Ronin until I can bring them down via Nino and Sam.

I always prefer a good balance of CC and shooting, particularly against Outcasts since they are CC heavy. Trying to outslug them can end badly for the guild.

Thanks for the ideas, I'm still tossing them around. Any more ideas?

Here's something different off the top of my head...

Ratty's Crew Creator

Guild Crew - 30 - Scrap

Lady Justice
--
8 Cache

Lucius
[10ss]

• Watcher
    [3ss]

• Nino Ortega
    [7ss]

• Papa Loco
    [6ss]

Nice and simple idea for this one... Lucius goes out to do his thing... Pulls Papa out 4" in front of him so he's moved 14" before activating and then he runs over to get into combat to go boom and take out as many as possible.

Watcher to prevent Deepstrike and Nino to shoot them up as they are crossing the board. Lady J is either to be protecting Nino or to be moved up to Lucius turn 2 to have a rather nasty pair slicing and dicing all day long with 8ss to add to prevent attacks on her AND Lucius as both can use them.

Viks crew is generally slower than the Viks so a firing line can make your opponent more hesitant to push them into melee.

I would suggest Ryle, Nino, Austringer and 2 death marshals, 6 ss cache.

Best way to defeat trapper is to be able to have more modles to activate them your opponent and to try and go second so you will have models to activate after trapper. Which is likely if your oppenent plans to bring a ss cache. This force your opponent to either pass with trapper so he can't be targeted (which means you can bum rush him Lady J and the Death Marshals tying him up in melee next turn, push after each shot (but may still allow him to be in range of Nino, which is all Nino needs if you have a mask), or not deploy within 12".

Under very rare circumstances if I have a firing line I will keep Lady J back for a turn forcing a melee heavy army to come to me.