Mini Batrep: Zoraida vs Hamelin 25ss

K.blas

Just wanted to preface this with: This is my official first game! (And I loved it. :D)

ME:

Zoraida + Voodoo Doll

Collodi + Marionette

Primordial Magic

Marionette

Marionette

Doppleganger

HIM (from memory):

Hamelin

Student of Conflict

2x Stolen

2x Rats

Nix

Terror Tot

I got Turf War for a Strategy, and he got Escape and Survive. My Scheme was just Kidnap on his two Stolen. He took (and announced) Plague on Malifaux.

Key Points:

With diagonal set up, I knew that I had the speed to get to his side of the board, and help me with my Strat right away.

Between Zoraida with Raven, Doppleganger's Mimic, and Collodi/Marionette's very quick Pull Strings, I was almost on his side of the board come turn one. Now all I had to do was attack. Easier said than done.

Pick the nastiest thing in your oppenents army and aim Voodoo Doll's Conduit. Nix was repulsing Rats/Stolen and then being Obeyed to Charge things. Fun times.

Doppleganger found herself out of position a couple of times during the game. Was nice being able to get a second cast for a Wicked Doll though...

Unfortunatly, game was called for time at the end of turn 3. I had all but Primordial Magic and Doppleganger in his half of the board, but no models in his Deployment. On top of this, he sacrificed his two Stolen so I got my Kidnap Scheme. 4VP to his 4VP.

So all in all, I think I did pretty well for my first game. No real big rules questions, I only forgot a (+) twist once on Z's conduit, and I tied. Good day indeed!

Couple of quick things,

if the primordial magic was attached to Zoraida, it would vanish as soon as you summoned the voodoo doll. Masters can only have 1 totem attached to them.

Unless there was an update to zoraida's repulsive spell, it is range :pulse so it is cenetered on the caster. You can't cast that spell on another model (even with unlimited range). Also note that the spell says away from "this" model not" target" model.

Currently, Collodi can only take a totem as a "Hench-Minion", so Primordial Magic was attached to him.

Whoops! Didn't see that Repulsive is a pulse spell. Did seem a tad powerful in game though, making Nix move everything away like that. :D

Thanks for the heads up Jay.

Do you play at Game Therory? I had my first game there last night. Looks like I might be becoming a regular on Thursdays.

Edited by K.blas
Addition question.