Levi catching a ride with dead rider.

tadaka

Just had an intresting thought.

Dead rider hitting levi and pulling him up field to improve his movement now that the v3 card has slowed him down. Doing the 3 damage is hardly an issue for him and infact can help him out if you want levi to die. To use this I think you would need to buy a dogcorpse so you could summon a waif when you get pushed forward but I buy a dogcorpse most every game any way.

Also this could be a usefull trick with ashes and dust as well as the peacekeeper and guardian as they could trade one wound for a large jump in movement first turn of the game.

Yup, one of those interesting little tricks for using a model how it wasn't originally envisioned. =D

Most any master that can take the Dead Rider can benifit from this, but Levy the most since he resurrects himself and Ashes and Dust is very hard to actually put down for good. That said, Levy I think would be the best choice for the use of this as A&D is already very fast on it's own, faster then the Dead Rider most of the time. Just make sure you count the number of wounds you need on Levy for his turn and don't accidently bring yourself bellow that threshold and have Levy kill himself mid activation =D

Looking at it i can see a very powerfull forward advance group could work as follows. This could be amazing for some missions and vs some crews.

Ash and dust

2 SAP

Dead rider

Levi

Move the Sap up 2x for ashes

Ashes pushes foward for a 0 action doing all 3 wounds to a sap makeing a counter for levi. Nice thing is he gets this advanced move forward and still has 3 actions when he gets there.

Rider makes himself fast moves up about 4 inches but keeping his back end within 3 inches of Levi. Ride forward draging levi.

Levi makes a waif out behind some cover and still has 2 actions to wreck some havoc first turn. As a side note you cant take his free walk as he would die doing this.

My big issue with this is that it breaks up your usual defensive line with Leveticus. One of the best ways to keep his Waifs safe besides hiding them is threatening models who would get angles on them with Leveticus. With this sort of forward lunge, you can certainly force people to deal with Levy, but you put his Waifs in much greater danger.

Speed models or LOS ignoring ranged models would have a field day with this if you didn't kill them. So I think it has it's use, but it's something to fit into a larger list and keep it as a special trick. Heck use it with Levy and the 3 riders so you have a way to inflict some heavy damage and help force a flank to crumple faster.

Levi's first waif is at the start of the first activation phase, subsequent waifs are in end close so unless they can keep up turn 1 your initial waif could be in trouble.

That would not be an issue at all.

First activation would be the waif she would end up within 10 inches of him so would live. Second waif would be created by corpse counter after Levi advances by the rider. Once you summon it you can place the waif behind the rider so for the most part they cant target it at all.

End of turn as long as you kill Levi (not hard at all being as making a second waif and then just walking would kill him. Levi would be placed next to the forward waif both would die and he can place both waifs within 6 inches.

Karn I am not sure why you would think levi would be at risk by this.

Even if the other guy made some sort of all out dash to kill levi the back waif would still be alive to bring him back. Granted this would suck because he would not be with the rest of the crew. The nice thing about this tactic is other then a waif the whole crew would move forward its not just launching levi to the other side of the table he would jump forward with support. This is more of a turn one action to cross the board and get to objectives on turn 2 or in the other guys crew vs shooting.

How good this tactic is would depend on the crew your fighting and the mission. Activating the waif and 2 spa before you even move the rider forward would have have most crews half out of activations before he would even get close to being attacked.