Strange Idea for Lucius...

BenjaminBullet

So I just played my first real game after buying the Lucius box set, guild guard box, and an austringer. It ended in a tie sadly (though could have gone worse I suppose) but the point is that I saw a possible synergy that I overlooked before during my research.

When Lucius successfully lands a hit he has the ability to, for a ram, to make that defender not able to attack him with any attacks. (not sure if its for the rest of the turn or rest of the game but still nice) Now mix that with the Lawyer's Censure spell to stop annoying spells and you can effectively lock down your opponent while you beat them to death in melee. Also cast defense on everyone with the lawyer's and they will be tanking machines. (also not sure on the diration with defense spell)

If you take Lucius as a master you can front line him with his guild guard captain and the drill sergeant for an effective hurt that your opponent will not expect from a shooty army. If you take Lady J as the master and Lucius as hench the pain doubles... Your austringers and guild guards can run support or work on missions while the rest keeps the hurt on.

Thoughts?

It is a good idea, I haven't tried it yet though. A couple of things to remember:

1. Censure a melee models walk and they won't be able to find another target.

2. Governor's authority last until the end closing phase, as does defense

3. A lot of models won't want to mess with him due to the :-fate (although paired will screw that plan up), and will try to run away looking for an easier target. So remember that governor's authority will trigger on a disengaging strike also.