Fate Deck for 'other' games

libiss

• 2 weeks later...
I play solitaire with mine every once in a while. Also, the deck is good for being used with Savage Worlds, an excellent rpg that is quite compatible with the style and theme of Malifaux.

Funny you should mention that as I used a Savage world deck as my fate deck in my first couple of games :musicus:

I use my deck like Zoraida does.

My wife says, "Take out the trash." I pull out my deck and look at her ominously as I draw. "Oh, hon," I say. "Not good. The Queen of Masks. There's deception afoot from a woman in power." Next card flip. "Eight of Crows. The graverobber. I think not, deceptive woman! You mean me harm! I'll not fall for your wily ways!" And then I run out of the house to go play with my buds.

My wife says, "Take out the trash." I pull out my deck and look at her ominously as I draw. "Oh, hon," I say. "Not good. The Queen of Masks. There's deception afoot from a woman in power." Next card flip. "Eight of Crows. The graverobber. I think not, deceptive woman! You mean me harm! I'll not fall for your wily ways!" And then I run out of the house to go play with my buds.

Wish I could get away with that with my wife. Might have to try it in the new year as the portents until then aren't looking as favorable.

I tried that once with my wife, and I've still got bits of that card stuck in my nasal cavity.

And yes, it was a Black Joker. :)