Films with terrible endings

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The Lake House (US version). My wife wanted to go see it and I actually found it fairly enjoyable...till the end, which relys on a time paradox which is the LAZY way to do time travel/displacement movie. Same reason I HATE Minority Report.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was a horrible end to the first Mortal Kombat movie. The first one was better than it should have been (not great, but not horrible) and then the second one completely ruined it.

Superman Returns...and has a bastard son...

I don' know if anyone in here has seen this movie but the end was specially strange and poetic.

it's called Dellamorte Dellamore, it's an old italian movie with Ruppert Everet and it's the story of a Cemetary Keeper and his mute pal called Gnaghi, . They work in a strange cemetery in which the dead are transformed in zombies the night that follows their burial. The two guys spend their days in organising burials and their night in killing the undead.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend it !

I don' know if anyone in here has seen this movie but the end was specially strange and poetic.

it's called Dellamorte Dellamore, it's an old italian movie with Ruppert Everet and it's the story of a Cemetary Keeper and his mute pal called Gnaghi, . They work in a strange cemetery in which the dead are transformed in zombies the night that follows their burial. The two guys spend their days in organising burials and their night in killing the undead.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend it !

This is also known as Cemetery Man, I believe.

Good stuff!

"Frailty" Sorry, audience; the demon-possession-believing hate-spewing psycho Christians were right after all. But we're not going to let you know until the very end. M. Night Shyamalan raves, "What a twist!"

"White Noise" And in other "the crazies turn out to be right in a movie ostensibly about supernatural skeptics" turn, we find this entry in the "kind of possibly based on one or two words from a true story" category. A complete upset in the discovery of what ever happened to Michael Keaton's character's wife, and how to resolve the mystery, instead we get to play with a simple application of video game rag-doll physics. My suggestion - stick with playing F.E.A.R. in the dark of your computer room.

That's all I can think of for now, because I generally avoid bad films. These just happen to be two I was made to see by friends and social pressure, colluding together to get me out of my dark cave of mainstream media isolation.

~J~

That's all I can think of for now, because I generally avoid bad films. These just happen to be two I was made to see by friends and social pressure, colluding together to get me out of my dark cave of mainstream media isolation.

~J~

Well, some of the films, such as Drag Me to Hell, mentioned earlier, are watchable films. They really are. But there are about six different ways it might have ended that would have really made the whole thing. Instead, they went with the worst possible one, which in turn made the film unwatchable. So, not "bad" films, persay, just unwatchable due to a poor ending choice.

Terrible is tricky word. Because it can mean different things

For examples

The Mist had a terrible ending. It was not bad, but it was hard to watch and I don't really care to see it again any time soon.

Dracula 3000 on the other hand had a terrible ending because the movie literally stopped. Like they ran out of a budget and had to finish the movie in one last scene. Now Dracula 3000 was a terrible movie but in that its fun to watch drunk sort of way. Any movie involving a classic monster in space is great(see Leprechaun in Space, or Jason X). But the fact that Dracula was dressed like a guy going to a costume party as Dracula(IE Red cape, pirate shirt, Dracula Medal) made it even better.

Personally I was really sad at the end of Mega Python vs Gatoroid. I just can't believe that a decapitated Mega Python can still bite Debbie Gibson in half. Its just to much suspension of disbelief for me.

• 9 months later...

For me, The Sixth Sense was one of my favorite movies. Mainly because the first time I saw it I got to the theater late and missed the opening scene.

This is a case of the opening scene ruining a good movie.

Worst ending:

Movie - AI

Book - The Stand

TV Show - Forever Knight

I don't know about the bad endings bit,.... but if we are talking about bad sequels and just bad movies in general, then I'd like to throw out,...

Highlander 2

For consideration by the masses. Especially if you compare it to the first one. It ~cuddles~ the story in just about every possible way imaginable.