Pairing Colette with Ramos

Uncle

Aside from an issue with an eBay seller not sending all the doves I bought, I now have a fairly complete Colette crew--her, Cassie, 2 performers/mannequins, 2 coryphees, and 2 (soon 3) doves, all painted up and about to be based once I figure out how to cut balsa wood into circles and pin such tiny feet (yeah, I probably should have done that before I painted them). So I'm considering branching out for "bigger" games, but I'm not sure exactly what to do. Ramos seems like the natural choice for a companion to Colette, having some synergy with things like the Mobile Toolkit and fitting in background-wise. I'm just curious, though, if anyone else has been running Colette + Ramos in 40-50 SS games and what they've found that's been working. Any help is appreciated, really.

Aside from an issue with an eBay seller not sending all the doves I bought, I now have a fairly complete Colette crew--her, Cassie, 2 performers/mannequins, 2 coryphees, and 2 (soon 3) doves, all painted up and about to be based once I figure out how to cut balsa wood into circles and pin such tiny feet (yeah, I probably should have done that before I painted them). So I'm considering branching out for "bigger" games, but I'm not sure exactly what to do. Ramos seems like the natural choice for a companion to Colette, having some synergy with things like the Mobile Toolkit and fitting in background-wise. I'm just curious, though, if anyone else has been running Colette + Ramos in 40-50 SS games and what they've found that's been working. Any help is appreciated, really.

I've actually never played a game WITH Ramos, but plenty AGAINST him. Obviously Ramos, the Toolkit, Colette, Doves, A pair of performer (I actually dislike running a pair of performers..I'm just no good utilizing them), Cassandra and a pair of Coryphees will put you at 35ss (without paying for the doves, you'll make those in game I bet) or 37ss with a single dove paid for. Above that? I'd add a Mechanical Rider into the mix.

The thing that's tough with Colette, when paired with someone like Ramos is that Ramos is slow. Everything in the Colette crew is fast as hell. So you'll either be abandoning Ramos behind or to the side of your lines, or slowing everything down to babysit the old man. Along the mobility vein, I find Marcus is a better partner with Colette (retaining the speed with the Cerberus and the Rattler, and adding punch with both).

Now Ramos being slow isn't necessarily a bad thing. He's a turret, easily being able to toss out two shooty spells a turn (which can help to soften up tough badguys a lot) and even with some luck pump out some spiders as well.

If I were you I'd continue the colette theme of speed and combat while being speedy, and add more things that fit with her play style. Rather than trying to combine a Ramos and Colette crew, I'd add Ramos to a 40-50pt Colette crew.

d