Malifaux "Big Battle" Houston, Tx

Xizindar

Little Wars of Houston will be hosting a Malifaux Big Battle Saturday Oct. 23rd, 12-4pm. Basically, a bunch of us will bring our Malifaux models out to the shop and throw down on a giant table (well not too giant such that the first 4 turns are you running to meet in the middle!).

The plan is to try and separate into the four main factions and even points up with Outcasts. There will be a story as to why everyone is at the same location at the same time. Strategies will be set, but schemes will be chosen as normal.

If you are new to Malifaux please come out - we will have extra models available to use and will be happy to help you learn. We ask that you bring your own deck of cards (including Jokers!) or purchase one of them beforehand.

There is no painting requirement and proxies are allowed as long as the model is unreleased and can be understood clearly. There is no entrance fee for the big battle events we run. Everyone participating will be allowed to purchase Malifaux models at 10% off - this includes unreleased models and models not currently in stock as long as you prepay!

We are located on the north side of Houston near the intersection of 1960 and Kuykendahl, just a few miles east of I-45. If you have any questions, please contact the store during business hours at 281-895-8833 or visit our forums via our website - http://www.littlewarsofhouston.com. The link to the forums is on the front page as well as our physical address.

Thanks for looking and we hope to see some of you out there.

LittleWarsMalifauxBigBattle.jpg

We are located on the north side of Houston near the intersection of 1960 and Kuykendahl, just a few miles east of I-45.

Don't you mean West of I-45.

I grew up in the Spring area (Live in Austin now)

Glad to see Little WArs exists in that area!!!!

Wish you guys the best of luck and keep raising gaming interest in that area!!!

For what it's worth, I have every intention on showing up to play with my Showgirls, and in actually coming to play on other occasions, to boot. Quick question, though: are we planning on balancing points after people show up? Furthermore, what happens if, say, three Neverborn players come, but only 2 from each other faction? Will we get "free" masters?

SWEET! Texas players! I've been looking for you guys. :)

My son and I will do our best to make it there. I've never played, but have models, decks and books. We'll be brining Gremlins.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail about this or any other Malifaux or Wyrd related events at your store or in the area. :P

pen-dragon@howdy.net

Thanks!

Edited by Kreation

I plan to balance out the sides when people show up. Too often trying to plan out who's going to be there gets messed up when one guy has something come up and doesn't show. I've had interest from about 8 people though.

I run 3 different factions so I'll do my best to provide extra and fill in the sides as needed. I also know of many outcast players that I plan to use to fill in the sides.

I've finalized the scenario - tweaking it slightly after reading the awesome Halloween Scenarios released today. Should be a blast. I'm going to show up before the store opens at about 11am to set up. I'll be happy to go over the rules with anyone who hasn't played before (quick little mini-game of sorts).

Look forward to it!

Jon

I had quite a bit of fun, although I've been inspired to repaint all my Showgirls, since I was rushing a bit to get them "table-ready" earlier. Going to take my time and hope to god that I get the hang of painting female faces ASAP.

Are there any plans to start up a regular Malifaux night? I know I'm interested in playing, albeit in a more casual sense than my brother, and would certainly be able to find the time to come up and get a game or two in.

But not Tuesdays. I'm not missing Glee for anything. ;)

I'd be open for a Malifaux night (or afternoon). Sunday would be great (once a month, every other weekend, something). I work in Katy, so week nights are hard to get back to this side of town with enough time to see my kids and make a game. :(

Shoot me a note if you want to play pen-dragon@howdy.net. I'm the guy that played the Gremlins. :)

And my son just bought his first crew - Rasputina.

Well, the girls are (re)painted now and have better bases, which makes my happy. According to my brother, games are happening on Thursday Nights, so I'll try to swing by accordingly, although weekends are certainly better for me in general.

I certainly feel like Colette would be at her best in a 40ss scrap, but I'm willing to go as low as 35 if needed (although it makes me wince). 25 is just too small, in my opinion, to get some of the cooler stuff on the table.