35ss Dreamer list help

bjorkgnu

Good morning! I've got a 35ss tournament coming up in about a week or so, and I'm pondering what I'd like to bring. I found out that we're being allowed to proxy stuff, so I'm very interested in bringing the Dreamer. I've got the model from GenCon, and I've played a couple games with him. I've also got two Teddies that I *really* want to bring. So the question is - what else should I field with him? I've got 17ss to spare. I know I want at least one Daydream, and I think it would be fun to bring in at least one Stitched Together, but I'm not sure what all's going to work well with what. I'm pretty new to the game itself, too, so any suggestions y'all might have would be greatly appreciated.

I'd suggest bringing at least two daydreams, as they are integral to The Dreamer's strategy. That makes:

Dreamer / LCB

Daydream (1) - 2

Daydream (2) - 2

Teddy (1) - 9

Teddy (2) - 9

Stitched Together - 5

Total: 27

You have the five nightmares for the five soulstones.

With only eight points left, you could only bring two alps, and I find them more effective when you have at least three, and Coppelius is a good addition to them. Also this doesn't leave you with enough points for the Lelu / Lilitu combo. This leaves another Stitched, or Insidious Madness.

The Stitched would leave you at 32 points, and you would then have the full eight stones.

You could go with two Insidious Madness and be at an even 35 points. You'd be shorter on stones, but have two other models that are both very maneuverable and with PE they are very useful.

Much of this final decision comes down to how much you feel you need the stones vs. an extra model. In my experience LCB is a huge target, and the bonus stones usually come in very handy.

Ill send you the Tactica's tonight as you requested. Be warned, they are long but they should give you a really good idea on each model and the crew as a whole and blah blah blah =D

Otherwise Korrova's list is very much like my favorite one. I do use the 3 Alps though. So:

Dreamer/LCB +5 (after all said and done)

Daydream x2 (-2each) -4

Teddy x2 (-9each) -18

Alp x3 (-4 each) -12

34pnts with 6 left for the game.

For that many points I would bring in at least 2 daydreams as you need to have one out on the board to bury LCB after he smashes face. Stitched together are quite fun to play with, one or two of them should be good. Bringing a lot (3-4) of alps can work well with the dreamer as you can drop them all nearby your opponents models and make them sad. I have done well with Coppellius, he has a lot of utility with his various ways of paralyzing as well as being able to summon more alps for you. I don't know how well multiple teddies will do, when I played with them they were never able to do as much as I would like for the points. For 35 points one teddy would probably be ok, unless you really want to have both. This would free up more points for coppellius and alps.