Witchhunters WIP (Sammael Hopkins/Purifying Flame) muuuch better

shawnreed343

sammael_hopkins_1_by_shawn_reed-d2yx8el.jpg

sammael_hopkins_2_by_shawn_reed-d2yx8nt.jpg

sammael_hopkins_3_by_shawn_reed-d2yx8vl.jpg

purifying_flame_version_1_0_by_shawn_reed-d2yx7r3.jpg

I'm infinately more pleased with how Sammael turned out compared to Sonnia. I'll need to strip Sonnia down later and try again. With Sammael, I'm happy as is- maybe a -minor- touchup or two. I really love how the base turned out, and the cloak is customized out of greenstuff. I painted him as I wanted him, then added the cloak, then painted that (so yes, his backside is fully painted even if you can't see it). I simply don't have any flat sealant anywhere around, so the camera flash is still bouncing off even the unvarnished areas- but that's the camera not the mini. I tell ya, having an actual brush of appropriate size is infinately, -infinately- better than trying to use a pin. o.O

The purifying flame I started with Sonnia... so it already had some layers of paint on it, alas. I think I recovered it well enough for me, though. I know it looks a little sloppy by comparison, but I also think it looks better than Sonnia did. I will touch up around the base, to give more substance to the edges where the ground is- otherwise it's pretty much done- I don't want to break it down along with Sonnia unless I find something I know is greenstuff-safe.

Edited by shawnreed343