Superhero Miniatures?

Blank

Some of the Superfigs sculpts are not bad. But you can definitely tell that they came from a different time(the 1990s).

As far as rules go. I don't mind Pulp City(I really need to play more of it). Superfigs had a really cool system that allowed you to make your own Superheroes have them fight. It was fun but with like any system with that many variables there were power combinations that worked much better then others.

HERO CLIX!

Pulp City is a newer Super hero game system

a bit pricey but good sculpts

Chronoscope is a Reaper line that has a mish-mash of "heros" many of which are very "Super Hero-like

check Coolminiornot.com there are a TON of one off companies that produce Super Hero-like pieces

+1 Hero clix - repaint the Prepainted plastics.

+1 Pulp City... not too sure about Chronoscope...

OP

Is there a character or archatype you are looking for in particular?

Not necessarily. I was just wondering where I could find miniatures to paint. For example, I'm a Marvel/DC fan so I was looking for metal/resin models I could paint.

I understand Hero Clix can be repainted but I feel like there are very flimsy or just tough to paint (visual opinion).

Wow. Excellent. Perfect. This is exactly what I was talking about. I will also check out Pulp City that you guys are talking about. Is it an actual game?

By the way, for reference, here's the picture which started my whole thought process:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/258851

I've done a couple of re-paints for freinds, and never found them to be too bendy.

Some don't even need to be stripped, just over painted.

When it comes to stripping the paint, nail polish remover is best - but you will find it makes the vinyl "bendy" untill its totally dry/evaporated.

Leave it for 24 hours or so, then clean up with a sharp knife.

Re-Assemble (if required, it generally is) and use a good quality undercoat - they soon "stiffen up" again.

Base and Paint as normal.

I'm trying to collect a decent lineup of the Golden Age Justice Society (without paying the earth LoL) so far I have Hawkman, Green Lantern, and Doctor Fate.

Ebay is your friend with these things LoL!