A Few Leveticus Questions

Gurslak

I had my first Malifaux game on Monday night with Leveticus against Raputina, though it was more of a training session as it wasn't played to completion and was used to hlp me work out the mechanics of both game and Master.

A few things cropped up that we weren't sure of though:

1) The Wounds caused by spells such as Necrotic Unmaking, do they ignore Armour and always do the flat wounds stated?

2) When you bring Leveticus back from death with the sacrifice of a Hollow Waif you ditch your current hand and draw a new one. what happens to any Soul Stones you had?

Sorry if these things are obvious but we're new to the game as a club and all still learning :D

Learning is fine! And welcome to Malifaux!

1) Armour only stops damage. Basically Damage is caused, reduced by things that reduce damage, and then turns into wounds. Wounds are then reduced by things that reduce wounds (like object) and then a model suffers that many wounds.

Damage and Wounds are 2 separate things in this game. So if something states Damage, it only applies to damage.

2) Soul Stones aren't touched. Even if your master dies for good, you keep all the soulstones you had because some other models may have Use Soulstone and can use them, or at least you can use them to reflip your initiative flip.

This game is very good about not having sneak rules. Most of the rules function as read and you generally don't have to worry about little hidden things.

Hope that helps! Any more questions? =D