Rising Power Rezzer Write-up [spoilers]

pigi314159

The rule of equivalency prevents the the old turn a dog in to something big turn one trick. Essentially you can only have a certain number of effects happen from a models death and it is based on their base size. 1 for 30, 2 for 40, and 3 for 50.

-Heretic

I am waiting for them to hash out that rule a little bit. It has all kinds of issues at the moment I think. For example the way you have it stated now, if I kill something with dissect that has slow to die, they either get an action or I get the body part counters, as both of those things would stem from on models death. Gremlins would also not leave corpse counters if survival of the fittest was used. The list is huge, depending on how they decide they want it to go.

Edit: I would also like to add that the example they give in the rule book is horrible. If they used dissect instead they would have been a lot more clear if they said "McM gains 3 counter" or "McM gains 1 counter" and mentioned if a corpse counter was left or not.

Edited by ProdigalPunk
ranting

The rule of equivalency doesn't apply to things like slow to die. That is an action taken by the model. It mainly applies to things like corpse tokens being generated, etc. I do agree that we need some clarification on the new rule, but I like what it is trying to do. Getting a 13 ss model from a 1 ss model in turn 1 is pretty hokey.

Yeah I reread the rule after I posted and realized some of my examples were not perfect, but I can think of a bunch more that still qualify. I understand the reasoning as I think Kiria lists have the potential to summon a lot of models off of one models death and with out the summoning rule. I think if it is the way it is suppose to be it cuddles Dissection kind of hard. It is only a 10ss model if I remember correctly, but I agree that it is still a little on the broken side. I would much rather see it rasied to like 13 body parts or something though instead of seeing everything else get bogged down. I still think the example is a poor one too, since the body part counter does not even come from death of the model but the damage, and they used something that has already been errated to not stack with itself.

I would argue with this. As much as I don't like the idea of chopping up the chihuahua nad turn it to a FC or RN I have to admit that has got its drawbacks.

1. You lose a turn in a game that is most likely only 6-7 turns long anyway. Depending on your strategy / schemes it might not worth the hassle already.

2. You use up all those counters that would come handy for gaining fast, healing, etc...

3. The summoned model gains slow, thus you lose even more time, or, if you summon in the middle of the fight, leaves it vulnerable. This doesnt matter for the flesh construct though due to ceaseless advance.

So I see where the arguement lies but ethical or not, I think it's just a different style of McM. Sometimes useful, sometimes not.