Playing on a 4x4 board.

Veskit2k

Hey all,

I had a question regarding deployment zone for my game board. All the deployment zones for the Malifaux book were intended to be used on a 3x3 board. Well the issue is I have a 4x4 and rather than block out a area around a 3x3 portion I was wondering what would be a good change to the deployment zone area.

This is mostly an issue because playing on a 4x4 with the same deployment area and say an objective in the center causes at least two turns of just straight moving; which is an issue for strategies like treasure hunter which require someone to run the piece back to the deployment zone.

What do you guys think?

Well, that wouldn't change the game too much imo.

Deploy up to 12" in on each side under normal conditions and that helps take care of the extra foot of length, mark off the sides 6" if possible and you have it solved there as well.

I just started though, so my solutions might be impractical. I saw the deployment trick from the youtube vid for anyone wondering.

Ditto, ignore the first 6 inches... also gives you a nice spot to lay out your cards, deck and discard pile.

If you've terrained up the whole thing just add 6 inches as others suggest (i.e. deploy 12" in a straight deployment and when you do corners also add 6" to both dimensions (assuming you're also playing 4 wide).