Shatter timing question

When an Ice Gamin gets killed it shatters into a 2" pulse that deals 2 damage. My question is what happens first if the attacker has a trigger that pushes the Gamin 4" after damage is dealt?

A - Gamin explodes upon receiving enough wounds to die, thus hurting the attacker and then the trigger happens.

or

b - Trigger happens, Gamin gets pushed 4" and then teh attack results apply and he explodes far enough away from attacker that he causes no damage to him.

I had been playing it as "b", but this FAQ entry has me wondering:

Squeel!

Q: Do you push a model back then remove it from play

if it activated the Squeel! trigger, but was killed by the

attack?

A: No. The model would be removed from play before the

trigger resolved.

-So I guess my real question is do "abilities" that trigger on death happen before normal attack/defense triggers.

-Thanks

Gamin - Depends on the ability, generally the acting play chooses an effect first so if the Gamin got bashed and the attacker can trigger a push or similar, it'll probably go before the Gamin can explode. Remember the Gamin only explodes when it's about to be removed from play so stuff that triggers on 'being hit' or 'wounded by' type effects will usually go first. "Killed" is a type of remove from play (see p24)

squeel! - yes, iirc squeel triggers off taking damage so if you're also being removed at the end of the sequence, you've already moved.