Duplicolor Black, White, and Gray Sandable Primer

digital_dragon

I thought I would pass on my good fortune and find. If you are located in the United States autoparts store Advanced Auto Parts has all of their Duplicolor Black,White, and Gray Sandable primers Buy One Get One Free. They normally retail for $5.19 a can so it brings your cost per can down to $2.60 per can. The sale runs April 1st, 2010 through April 28th, 2010. I use the Black and the White and get great results priming with the sandable primer.

DD

I live in an apartment building, and I still spray stuff all the time. Never underestimate the calming effects off a beer outside and priming minis on the back of a pizza box.

I don't doubt that. It has more to do with the condo association saying I can't do it than not being able to do it. I used to spray undercoat things all the time on the balcony at my old apartment in a Citadel mail order box, never made a mess. Didn't mater to them, they just said it was against the association code. Plus, I found it's illegal to bring paint to a park in my county; the police are worried about vandalism or kids huffing paint, or something like that.

I guess I could always set up shop on the sidewalk in front of someone's house. ("Emily...?" "Yes, George...?" "There's a strange man painting tiny metal people on our sidewalk...." "As long as he's not doing it in the nude, I say we leave him be, maybe he'll go away....")

• 2 weeks later...

Duplicolor is the best choice. It goes on smooth, light and is cheap.

Paint does not work, because it's chemically not the same thing as primer. It tends to be thicker, and doesn't adhere to metal nearly as well because of it's composition. Just painting on a black basecoat may look like it works, but it'll rub off easier than properly set primer.