40 point squad

KillerWolf13

It is an interesting list with a lot of possibility. Using the Austringer's huge range and ability to ignore LOS, and adding in nino's range and more attacks from the Austringer as your opponent gets closer is a solid plan. Assuming you don't get a treasure hunt, or reconnoiter. Claim jump really will depend on if they can cut LOS leaving only the Austringer to beat on them at range. This list seems very much about controlling the match ups.

However, all that being said I am curious what your plan is for dealing with a few things. First is the papa loco situation. I think he is a underestimated model. Unfortunately because of the damage he can do I would expect him to draw a ton of fire. (hopefully to your advantage) Either way I expect him to play out like a Michael Bay movie. The reasoning behind my concern for this is in a big game I wonder how close he can get before he is killed and thus how effective he will be.

I might shop him around and try for something a bit tougher/universal. Of course it depends on who your going up against. I was thinking of suggesting a death marshal so you could have both the shooting and close combat option while saving yourself 2 points to add toward soul stones so you can have a decent stash. However, I think they are much more dangerous in groups.

Although if you drop both the judge and papa loco you can pick up a peacekeeper and a death marshal and then have the ability to take a beating if you need to get up to an objective.

I don't know your playing style, so I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how you like to use your crew.

i normally use papa to get up in a group that is close to each other and either let them kill him or use his ability take ya with me and pray they fail the Wp test. in treasure games i have perdita run up and get it and have judge with her because he can move 10'' and be close to help if need be. the guild i love because he ignores cover and Los which is awsome.

i have played a game with a friend and used papa to take out a few small groups of minis and slowed down his plan. do any of you have a good suggestion to replace santiago? run papa close enough to perdita and use her obey to move him even futher towards my enemies.

Edited by KillerWolf13

Sorry Wolf, somehow I missed your question. If you have used this list yet, I am really curious to hear about any changes or how it has played.

First off I don’t like papa loco. He is a great and fun mini but with obey/lure/whatever he can be positioned way to easy. Also eight wounds are all that tough to take down given that he has a df of 4. All that being said he can do some pretty big damage with either his death or his dynamite so it is a tough trade off. (Also I play LadyJ and sometimes Cridd as my two masters so Papa Loco has to potential to suck for me) If he works for you then keep him but he makes me nervous.

As for Santiago, what are you moving towards? Do you want more of a melee crew or are you looking for more ranged support. I think Santiago is a beast. When he gets hurt he is scary and if you keep him close to Perdita for the companion fun then they should be able to destroy anything. I guess if you just want more stuff out there you can take a totem and a witchling stalker. This will give you some sneak through cover guy who if you can get him in melee and have him down a wound, then blow up papa, you will get a 7 point boom. It would be tough to set up but plenty o fun.

I like LadyJ. Her spells are easy to cast and are mostly all buffs. Her only offensive spell is vs undead. If she gets anyone in melee they are dead. If anyone misses her in melee and her trigger df trigger goes off they aren't going to be happy. Of the three current guild masters I think she has the most synergy with her crew.