My First 25SS Build?

costampede

That's a solid list. It should work fine against most thingies you are going to face.

I don't have my book on me at the moment but I think that the Desolation Engine is not a Mercenary, thus it cannot be hired by Victoria. And anyways, it's not of much use without the possiblity to summon more SPA's as it takes a wounds like no tomorrow just by moving around.

I'm going to agree with Joona on all counts (i.e. great first list, Viktorias can't use the Desolation Engine (and likely wouldn't want to, even if they could)).

When you're bumping up to around 35pts (where the Viks start to work well - don't be too disheartened by 25pt losses) you might want to look into grabbing an extra Ronin or trying out Taelor or Hamelin (both very good options).

• 5 weeks later...

hm, one thing I would recommend is that they work best with vast numbers of soulstones. The twins are total glass cannons, and a full compliment of stones goes a long way to prevent them just dying. Whatever you plan to take, 8SS is worth more than it's value in models for them.

Although I love Misaki, I personally think you would be better off taking :

Viks

Ronin x 3

Gunslinger

5 Soul Stones

You really can't go wrong with Ronin; and as Omadon mentioned, the Viks benefit massively from taking as many Stones as you can squeeze into the list.