Marked cards problem

Astray

couldnt the tournament organisers just hand out a fresh deck at the start of the tournament, sealed, then take them all in after each game and randomly hand them back out again? i know its not perfect but its a cheap solution.

alternativly theres nothing stopping tournament organisers going to a printers and getting some sets of cars printed off themselves. I dont know if the symbols on the cards are trademarked or not, if they are then having to remember what a spade is is the biggest trouble here.

also id like to add, i have just received my deck this week and some of the cards have slight marks on where the black is lighter. It seems the card box was packed with some white powder inside, i assume this is the stuff that stops moisture getting to them, but i think it may have rubbed on some of the cards. the marks are small, but i cant help thinking that if the backs of the cards had a more complicated design then small scuffs would be less visible.

Doesn't work unless each tourney has it's own custom tourney deck. The cost would be insane either way.

Every tourney wouldn't need their own deck, as the decks are owned only by tourney organisers and taken back at the end of the day.

EDIT: And, assuming a price break on multiple decks, the cost would be subsumed by the price of the entry ticket.