Ramos, Spider Swarm, and Companion

Yzzuf

Had a quick question for some of the more experienced Ramos players. I thought I read somewhere that if you start an activation with Ramos and companion a swarm with Linked in, then finish Ramos' activation and start the swarm, you can use the swarms Melee specific AP and one of its general AP saving one general AP to scatter and then the three spiders that you replace with swarm each inherit linked in too and can activate during the same activation (and vice versa with a spider with linked in joining a swarm gives the swarm companion and activation during that same phase).

Did I read this right and is this legit? Thanks in advance for any help on this topic.

That's right. Add in a Brass arachnid for some real schenanigans. get a reactivate off on the swarm, and it can activate using all it's actions, enemy takes a turn, it goes again, using the two melle master attacks, use a general AP to split, then the individual spiders get an AP. Enemy takes a turn, then the individual spiders use the reactivate they inherited and go again.

Nothing like a minimum of 33 damage should you hit each time and get weak. (that's assuming the spider's weak dmg is 3 like I think it is, can't remember)

Edited by Calisto

yh it is, in the first case, as the new spiders are sumoned they have slow but they get all there othere ap and keep link in (and reactivate if you gave the swarm it). and the othere way is true but they replace, so the swarm dosnt get slow but keeps the highest ap from the spiders that make it, so you could either leav one spider with all ap for a full activation, or use all the ap with all spiders (the last one to swarm), then the swarm can still use its 0 ap and its mm ap, and it would gain anything given to any of the spiders,

No. Instead of slow, the newly created swarm just continues where the little ones left off essentially. It gets it's 2 MM strikes, a 0 action, and any general AP's any one of the little ones that where sacrificed may have had. so if the last aracnid uses it's last action to swarm together, the swarm doesn't have any general AP. If say one walks up to a group of two others that haven't activated yet and uses swarm together, the swarm gets two general AP.