Etna's Vassal

I picked up the Viktorias today. My proposed 35 stone crew is:

-Viktorias

-3x Ronin

-Taelor

-Hans

-4 Soul Stones

Any advice or criticisms?

I've thought of holding on to 5 more stones and summoning a Ronin later in the game, but that would bring me over the 8 SS cap.

I also have Bishop (not worth the cost IMHO), Johan (just so... meh), and Rusty Alyce (I just can't rationalize using her yet).

This crew seems so well rounded I can't really see any weaknesses (this coming from a guy who's yet to play a game not against himself running Rasputina). I know I'm missing something here, but I can't think of it (stupid, wonderful rum).

I know universal lists are not what this game is about, but for the poor and noobish, this is how I have to roll for now. Again, I appreciate your help. Now back to memorizing the rulebook...

I agree with the gunslinger comment. My usual 35 crew has been:

Victoria

3x Ronin

Gunslinger

Misaki

7x stones

I have tried Hans and while his model is cool I find him good only in scenarios where he can hold a quarter and sit in the back the whole time. I have only fought about 4 battles with this crew, but like it very much. I have thought about Taylor instead of Misaki, but when Misaki kicks her 6inch reach spell and charges.....fun stuff. Taylor is much tougher though.

Gotcha. Now I know what to trade away some of my old Warmachine models for.

I'll keep Hans on the bench for most games, I guess. I'm really just a fan of his sniper rifle. In scenarios with an objective sitting out in the open or when I need to keep another crew out of my (corner) DZ, he'll be in there.

As far as Misaki goes, Taelor is just not getting traded out for her. I actually bought the warband because my FLGS didn't have her blister! :inlove: I guess I just have a thing for half-shirts and ponytails.

Plus, you just can't argue with that area control of hers!

I picked up the Viktorias today. My proposed 35 stone crew is:

-Viktorias

-3x Ronin

-Taelor

-Hans

-4 Soul Stones

Any advice or criticisms?

I'm really just a fan of his sniper rifle.

Taelor is just not getting traded out for her. I actually bought the warband because my FLGS didn't have her blister!

WARNING: HERESY FOLLOWS...

Y'know if you like that crew but want a decent sniper and you're not too attached to the Vik models you might want to think about swapping out the Vik's for Lady Justice and Hans for the much better Nino Ortega (giving you five SS, rather than four into the bargain).

Well, I don't have Lady Justice but I may try dropping Hans into Perdita's crew, but that'll leave her with only three soul stones. I guess I'll have to figure out whom from the original crew to drop.

My main thinking with Hans was to add a bit of a player terror / area denial aspect to the group. Sitting on a high Ram card or two and waiting for a model to poke its head out only to get a Headshot as a reward is worth it if only for the threat.

I'll try out the Convict Gunslinger, though. he seems more straight forward, and so a better learning model. My friend should be bringing me one tomorrow, so hopefully on Tuesday I'll get an actual game in.

Well, I don't have Lady Justice but I may try dropping Hans into Perdita's crew, but that'll leave her with only three soul stones. I guess I'll have to figure out whom from the original crew to drop.

My main thinking with Hans was to add a bit of a player terror / area denial aspect to the group. Sitting on a high Ram card or two and waiting for a model to poke its head out only to get a Headshot as a reward is worth it if only for the threat.

I'll try out the Convict Gunslinger, though. he seems more straight forward, and so a better learning model. My friend should be bringing me one tomorrow, so hopefully on Tuesday I'll get an actual game in.

Don't get the Perdita crew. Yes they are great and all BUT.

If you are playing the Viki crew with "3 Ronin" you will wipe the floor of Ortegas. The Ronin are so devistating once they get to melee that the Ortegas have almost nowhere to hide from them in many scenerios.

Yes get the Gunslinger in there. For 5 he is way OP.

Taelor is the soaker. While everyone you play against is focusing on the Ronin surge Taelor creeps up and becomes the threat. Once they see that, NOW move the Vikis for the win. If they have not see what the gunslinger can do then he will win the game.

He is perfect to take out Hooded Rider and his BS.

BUT... Pandora crews are a pain but winable because of the Ronin blitz.

Mainly use the terrain to YOUR advantage. Your opponent will be.

My crew:

Viki twins

Gunslinger 5

Taelor 8

Ronin 5

Ronin 5

Student of Conflict 3

That's my 30ss crew with 4 ss left.

Add another Ronin you get 4 ss for the 35 ss crew

drop the student and you go to 7 ss.

Try it out see what works. I mean it is not like there is a huge tournament tomorrow.