Viktoria's Crew???

Lucifer_Drake

I plan on running the following list once my store gets in the models.

35 SS (5 left over)

Viktoria

Student of Conflict

Misaki

Ronin

Ronin

Ronin

Ronin

If playing a 30 SS game, just drop a Ronin. I'd keep dropping Ronin to fit 20 or 25 SS games as well. The list has options for shooting, but I find it works best as a melee force, because it is so fast.

I also have a Convict Gunslinger on standby in this list (replacing a Ronin) for some added ranged combat.

For me, the list is all about the feel (Asian theme throughout) and the list performs well.

What is a Student of Conflict? Is it one of the minis not yet available? Otherwise nice looking force.

It is one of the Mercenary totems. It has an (all) Ability that gives a model within 3" Fast for the turn. Another ability it has is to make a model lose the Insignificant trait until the model's next activation. It has the usual Companion and spell casting abilities of a totem.

Get yourself a Convict Gunslinger. They are excellent range support and can take down those pesky things that need to get in close to deal damage. I will never run without one; I wish I could take two. Suppression is useful, but really it’s all about getting them in position and letting loose with the Rapid Fire. Paired on the pistols give you a better than average chance of blowing holes in things. With Trigger Happy you can often pull off 4 or even 5 shots a round (I have even done 6 at one point!).

Ronin are a no-brainer and provide the only synergy you are going to get with a Viki crew. They also have some decent abilities beyond just bringing a dead Viki back. Always remember to make your Opponent take those WP checks for Harmless, even if it’s just to get them to burn though their deck or even force a cheat with a Control Card.

I’ve used Lady Hammerstrike but Johan may actually be better…For killing Witchlings, having a 3” reach is so useful.

Hamlin is great if you are playing against Resurrectionists or Crews with low WP. He’s not much of a fighter (well, not as much as the above mentioned characters) but he has some very useful Abilities/Spells. His dog is also super cute!

Dosadi

Just ordered my Viks. It didn't hurt that my bro is giving me most of his Viks minis , so I only had to buy Viktoria the Bounty Hunter & Johann, plus my Ronins & OC fate deck. They should be in on the 26th.

Played my second game , lost but had fun. I'm still learning & was using my brothers Ramos crew , so it wasn't as enjoyable. I prefer shooty crews & had to be helped learning all the special spells n' such. Need to read the rules more in depth before my next practice game.

Hans isn't a bad buy for Viktorias either. For some long range support.

I played two games with my Vikis last night.

First game was 25 Points

Vik

Convict Gunslinger

3 x Ronin

and 5 Soul stones

Second was 35 points

Vik

Convict Gunslinger

Hans

3 Ronin

and 7 Soul Stones.

Both lists did really well. Personally I am very much anti "One list". I generally mix and match depending on what faction I am going against.