Seamus, no woman no cry

Thoughttrauma

Why would you build such a list? Belles are so awesome for 4 points that they should be included in almost every Resurrectionists lists, and Seamus makes them even better.

I haven't tried Bete yet, but she seems very expensive for smaller games. At 35-40 SS however... Flesh Constructs are awesome... if they're summoned by Nico or McM. With Seamus I'd rather have some cheaper but more accurate punk zombies, who also pose a ranged threat. Regarding Outcasts, the Convict Gunslinger is the man. But since you won't have any Belles to Lure enemies in Rapid Fire range, he won't be so good as in a normal Seamus list.

Long story short: the models you mentioned in my opinion are too expensive, so you will be outnumbered, and without the Belles you won't have any good ways to control the board (key thing for Seamus). So, if you want to have an effective list, add Belles. If not, just add Bete, 1-2 Flesh Constructs and some Outcasts, and leave as much SS for Seamus as possible. You'll need it.

Thanks for the advice, but I am looking to move away from a "traditional" Seamus list, I full understand the belles synergy yet, I was hoping for a more aggressive list to face guild lists. Maximum dmg output, ability to soak wounds...

The Belles are able to soak wounds... Not to mention Sybelle with a Grave Spirit. Also, against Guild I would try to outnumber them, or destroy them piece-by-piece (Lure comes handy), because we can't outdamage them (fortunately, we don't have to, because most Guild models are not so tough as we are) and even a Flesh Construct won't last long with his terrible Df 3 against Peacebringer fire. So with Seamus I'd take 1-2 Belle, Sybelle + Grave Spirit as a tank, cheap damage dealers, like Punk Zombies or even Crooked Men (Df 6 vs ranged is pretty handy) and of course the Convict Gunslinger. Did I mention to take the Convict Gunslinger? Yes, he is that good.

My other take would be McM with a horde of dogs and some support models, but I guess you want to play Seamus.

I think one of the beauties of a Seamus list is that he doesn't necessarily have to start with Belles on the board. My recent 27ss list has Seamus with Sybelle, Mortimer, two Punks and one Belle. Killing enemy models (that drop corpse counters) can make it easy to bring new Belles into the mix.

I'd say have a Hanged around to knock out half a model's Wd, etc...ignoring Fear Not Death and Stubborn.

Punk Zombies are good at dealing damage. They can't take as much as some of the other models, though.

Crooked Man looks neat. I'm going to have to try him out.

I personally prefer to keep the theme relatively together, so I haven't considered a Flesh Construct yet. And I don't add Outcasts, so even though the Convict Gunslinger's pretty awesome, I avoid him.

an interested player at the local club wants to use Seamus but doesn't have the patience for using Belles to their maximum potential.. he wants to Hit Stuff :D

so i came up with (25SS list) :

Seamus

Copycat Killer 2

Madame Sybelle 6

Flesh Construct 7

Punk Zombie 5

Punk Zombie 5

gonna try it Wednesday, may yet drop Sybelle for Mortimer or a Convict...