Companion Master for McMourning

Silences

Nico wants the corpses to remain on the table, McMoruning will be chopping them up. I would say Seamus, seeing as he isn't always going to be summoning a bell. Also, the speed of the dogs McMourning brings will go nicely with an Undead Psychosis lock down on key models. Same goes for the NecroPunks that he likes so much.

buggerit, that means I ought to paint up Seamus now as well....

although McM may not be the better summoner of the two, Seb is best for dogs and Nico gives you the option of more varied troops at lower cost

eg McM dogs/golems (17 :crows:crows?)

Seb dogs (10 :crows:crows?)

Nico punks/necros/dogs/golems/crooked men/belles etc etc

Seamus Belles

Also Nico will get you a golem for 2 corpses, where McM needs an extra body part.

Can you explain the tactics on undead psychosis and the 'speed' of the dogs?

Edited by ork56

buggerit, that means I ought to paint up Seamus now as well....

although McM may not be the better summoner of the two, Seb is best for dogs and Nico gives you the option of more varied troops at lower cost

eg McM dogs/golems (17 :crows:crows?)

Seb dogs (10 :crows:crows?)

Nico punks/necros/dogs/golems/crooked men/belles etc etc

Seamus Belles

Also Nico will get you a golem for 2 corpses, where McM needs an extra body part.

Can you explain the tactics on undead psychosis and the 'speed' of the dogs?

Actually, now that you mension it I can imagine McM chopping the meat on the frontline, dogs running back to nico with the corpses, and nico sending weaves of summons to the front again. The big circle of life (or death). But in that case u have to keep the corpses in one piece. Tho u can still dissect parts before you kill something...

Actually, now that you mension it I can imagine McM chopping the meat on the frontline, dogs running back to nico with the corpses, and nico sending weaves of summons to the front again. The big circle of life (or death). But in that case u have to keep the corpses in one piece. Tho u can still dissect parts before you kill something...

That was kind of what I had been thinking. McM up front doing horrible things to people while Nico sat back and provided support and waves of undead. McM can still generate body parts by hacking at people as well as Seb who can use them himself or give them to McM.

Undead Psychosis on a living model makes them unable to activate without running away. A well placed zombie horde can a) force them to go somewhere where they really have few options for their turn, B) make them use all of their AP to walk, or c) completely lock them down if you surround them to where they have not enough speed to end outside of the zombies. Dogs are spd 6, 12" walk to get into place, which Belles do too when near Seamus, but extra speed for a flanking position on this tactic is nice.

Undead Psychosis on a living model makes them unable to activate without running away. A well placed zombie horde can a) force them to go somewhere where they really have few options for their turn, B) make them use all of their AP to walk, or c) completely lock them down if you surround them to where they have not enough speed to end outside of the zombies. Dogs are spd 6, 12" walk to get into place, which Belles do too when near Seamus, but extra speed for a flanking position on this tactic is nice.

That really is nice, but sounds like more of a Nico/Seamus combo. With all those mindless zombies... sweet!

I think we just proved that no matter how you mix them, resser masters are great for brawls. :)

McM and Seamus trip over themselves a little, because Seamus makes ALL living models -2 wp, this includes McM at his lowly 5 to start [3 with Trail of Fear]. Furthermore, McM wants to mix it up while Seamus can play the ranged game a lot better.

I prefer Nico backing up both of the other masters, as they can summon well, and he can buff their troops rather nicely. Also, he can paralyze targets if need be ;)