Nurse Questions

Southpaw

Can you stack different Massive Dose effects on one model? Page 25 says you can not stack effects of the same name, but I am not sure if the different effect names (i.e. painkillers, speed, stimulant) count allowing me to put both Speed and stimulant on the same model or do they all count as just a Massive Dose?

Also, does "bury" remove all effects on a target model? If I speed and stimulate Bette Noire can I activate "One with the Night" with her last AP to avoid sacrificing her?

1) Yes, they stack.

2) No, as far as I know buried does not erase effects on models. However, if Bete Noire isn't in play at the start of the closing phase, I don't see how she could be sacrificed. So, I suppose you could rig it so you keep bouncing her in and out of play so she's never in play during the closing phase to die. This may not be legal, since I'm no marshal, but I can't think of why not.

Edited by Justin

Yeah sounds pretty sweet, Bete Noire is pretty good with Nicodem's Bolster Undead. 9 Defense ouch!

Yeah, bolster undead is pretty good with any undead. But was your point that the effect ends in the closing phase and, if she's not in play during the closing phase, it wouldn't end? If so, yeah that's awesome. That means the bonuses from stimulant wouldn't end either. I'm not sure that's how it works, but I don't see how effects on a model that aren't in play can end either.

So, either you can use the nurse to boost bete and then bounce her off the table to wash the effects off and avoid dying OR the effects stay on her when she comes back and she's still a combat beast and then just bounces away again. Pretty good deal either way, says me.

The way I'm reading it, the effects stay. Heh, I'm glad I ordered her now. I thought it was cool, and I loved the model, but I thought it was a bit too expensive (soul stone wise) for what it did. Not so much anymore...

Not particularly broken either, since you need a model to die to bring her back and you can't be certain where on the board that will be, and then she has to spend 1 AP on "one with the night" to avoid dying during the closing phase.

Edited by Justin

The effects stay on her. Burying her doesn't remove them, and they don't resolve because they're not in play. When she comes back - they're still there. If she doesn't bury herself again, they'll resolve.

That's what I thought, that's awesome.

So you could get her combat up to 12 between nicodem's bolster undead and the nurse's massive dose with a +flip to damage and then continually bounce her in and out of play, reactivating her with the nurse whenever she happens to be close enough.