NOV.NBR. Perdita vs Mcmourning, 30ss scrap.

perplexiti

Now I'm no writer, I know this and I'm at peace with that. But saying that, the way Malifaux plays and the reports I've read have inspired me to write this report. Hehe, my first writing since 5th form. :P So please enjoy.

The rain had just started to fall as the Ortega family spread out through the factory grounds, Perdita told her young cousin Nino to climb a high tower to give some warning of the Ressurectionist supposed to be searching this area for an artifact rumourd to be around here somewhere.

Papa, as was his way since his "incident" ran off east on his own, mumbling and giggling to himself. "At least he wan't blow us up now" thought Perdita.

Suddenly she heard a shout from Nino and the crack of his rifle. "Well" She said to her brothers and the Governor's proxy, "It's time we got to work, Criid wants this artifact so we'd better hop to it" Fransisco nodded in agreement and a fierce grin spread across Santiago's face as they ran off to cover the flank.

As Perdita rounded the corner towards a chest in the middle of a small square she heard the moan and shuffle that betrayed the presence of the undead. Wafting across the square came the miasma of undeath, snapping a shot off that dropped a hunched former miner, she grabbed the chest and ran back to the cover of the building shouting for her brothers as she ran.Then, the darkness was banished as Papa's dynamite exploded, the noise drowning out a mad cackling that had been getting louder as whatever madman came ever closer.

As Perdita cried out for Papa a giant shambling monstrosity that looked like a pacthwork doll made of meat, burst from the ruins where Papa had been and advanced towards her. As the monster came closer Fransisco ran past her yelling "I'll handle this, you get that chest to Criid!" Perdita turned and ran, looking up at Nino as he shouted "Cuz!, look out!" Perdita turned, raising her peacemaker and aiming in one fluid motion, finger already on the trigger as she saw her target. A single shot was all she needed to put the zombie dog out of it's undead misery.

Perdita heard Santiago cursing and turned to see Fransisco hanging from the Flesh construct's meat hook, the creature threw his still body aside and began advancing towards Santiago. As it moved closer Santiago raised his pistols and poured shot after shot into the construct, and sent it toppeling to the ground.

Perdita shouted a warning to her brother and ran back to help him as he was surrounded by a zombie with a mohawk and two swords and a rotund man weilding a large shovel. It only took them a few swift blows and shots to take them down as Nino gunned down the last zombie in the area. As they lifted Fransisco and prepared to go find Papa they heard a gleeful chuckle that grew louder, suddenly two more constructs rose from the pile of bodies surrounding them and started to hack away at Santiago. "Run!" he yelled "Get that artifact to Criid!, but let her know how much it cost us to get for her!"

As Perdita ran off across the rooftops, with Nino helping her drag Fransisco they heard Santiago's hoarse shouts. Handing the small chest to Nino, Perdita drew her pistol and headed back towards Santiago saying, "Get that to Criid Nino I'm going back for my brother and father, make sure you get some coffee on too, I think I'll need some when I get back"

Ok, this was a 30 stone game, the Ortega's vs Mcmourning

I took the whole Ortega clan plus a governors proxy and had a pool of 5 stones. I drew assassinate and picked hold out and bodyguard and announced them both.

My friend took: Mcmourning, his chiuaua, Mortimer, a rotten belle, a crooked man, a canine remains, 2 punk zombies and had a pool of 8 stones. He drew treasure hunt and picked hold out announced.

We drew diagonal deployment.

Turn 1:

Guild won initiative.

Papa ran off towards some ruins away from the rest of the family, Nino climbed a tower by the deployment zone, while Perdita and the rest ran north to cover behind a large two story building.

The Rezzers started to spread out to surround the family.

Turn 2:

Guild won initiative

Papa heads deeper into the ruins, Nino moves to a better position and lightly wounds a crooked man nearing the treasure, Perdita runs out and kills the crooked man. Santiago and Fransisco move to the opposite corner of the building waiting for the zombies to come round the building.

All the Rezzers move closer Mcmourning and his chiuaua move to the ruins near Papa, a punk zombie and canine advance on where the treasure was, while Mortimer fails his exhume flip.

Turn 3:

Guid won initiative.

Perdita grabs the treasure and runs back to the cover of the building, while her brothers come back to support her, Nino guns down the punk zombie near the center of the board.

Mcmourning makes a flesh construct and charges Papa doing only 1 damage. Papa hits him back only doing a couple of dmg. The balle and punk coming around the building move ever closer. While the canine remains heads towards Nino's tower. The flesh construct then runs into melee range of Perdita, does his attack in the closing phase but misses.

Turn 4:

Guild won initiative.

Fransisco charges the construct, failing to cast duellist then promptly flipping the black joker :S (much laughing at this point) Perdita disengages from combat and runs back towards her deployment zone shooting the canine remains dead along the way. Nino shoots Mcmourning's chiuaua dead, as the construct kills Fransisco and Santiago rapid fires it dead(again).

Mcmourning kills Papa and is hurt by the explosion as the belle and punk finally make it around the building the belle tries to lure Santiago who passes easily, what with stubborn and the proxy for WP10! Mortimer picks up the corpse counter left by the crooked man and makes it into melee range of the proxy.

Turn 5:

Rezzers won initiative.

The punk moves into melee range of the proxy, the belle tries to lure Santiago again but fails to cast, Mcmourning withdraws into the ruins out of sight of Nino who guns down the belle. Santiago charges the punk while Perdita charges Mortimer, both only do a little dmg. The proxy hits the punk with his book, but fails his casting of governors decree.

Turn 6:

Rezzers won initiative.

Mortimer tries to paralyze Perdita but misses, Punk kills the proxy and wins the duel to not die. Santiago kills the punk and moves round to Mortimer to do a little dmg to him. Mcmourning ran out of the ruins, gained fast, and made a construct,( we stuffed up here, as my friend made another construct and we didn't notice that it's a (0) action...oooops!) and made another construct! So Perdita ran up across the roof of the building as one construct tore Santiago apart and the other one ran into my deployment zone.

So it ended up a 2 all draw, as niether of us got our schemes and I only got bodyguard and my mate got his hold out.

All in all a fun game. Thanks for reading! :D

Edited by perplexiti

Thanks razide.

Well on my side, it would have to be Nino I think, he pretty much killed something every turn, if you can get him in a good piece of cover he can be pretty awesome, especially if you get or have some masks to get trigger happy off. Well either him or Perdita, shes pretty bloody good. Fransisco was a big disappointment, although I didn't expect him to kill an unwounded construct with 1 hit, it would have been nice if he had done some dmg.

For my friend, well he didn't have one stand out more than any others, although Mcmourning did well, he always had the cards to cheat making the construct.

It was a big shock to go from my 3 models vs his master, having 2 constructs in melee range, even if we did play it wrong.

All in all I learnt alot from the game, it was only my 2nd and his 1st proper games, we only got the rulebook last week.

So much fun though.

Edited by perplexiti