Advice with Flesh Construct?

lbd

So here's my crew:

McMourning

Nursex2

Undead Houndsx3

Sebastian

Zombie Chihuahua

After 4 games I have no problem bringing down a dog to make a flesh construct in the early game. And I've even made a couple constructs. But all they have done so far is to move forward and then get wiped out before barely making any attacks.

I'm struggling with slow, after having summoned them and with their inability to charge. Their low defense means they die quickly :( I guess it's good to have them soak up wounds but how else are people using them?

Any advice?

Side note, 2 nurses are excessive but these are the only models I have right now so I'm trying to work with what I have.

Well... you realize that you can discard a card so they don't have to be slow every turn... right? I you're summoning it first turn, it shouldn't be in charge range anyway, so slow isn't a big deal. But if you're still having trouble with his survivability, try taking the grave spirit instead of the chihuahua. That way it can link to the construct. Then it's armor 2, hard to wound 2. And with the nurses and McM, you can heal any damage that he does take.

But the two nurses may be part of the problem. With well over 1/3 of your crew tied up in strictly support models, your opponent can focus more on your, say, flesh construct ;). As soon as you can, get a pack of punk zombies. They're seriously our BEST unit for the cost. You could replace at least one of the nurses for a punk, though in 25 points, i usually skip the nurses all together. If your opponents are letting you proxy the doggies, see if they'll let you proxy punks for a game. They're seriously going to change your game, methinks. Also, the convict gunslinger is a good option if you don't want to slap down the cash for a full pack of punks. Oh, how I love the convict gunslinger!

Yeah I knew about discarding to ignore slow. I've been trying to summon him near combat or just a turn away from combat. But it seems like he only ever gets in 1 attack before being taken down.

Makes sense about nurse support taking up too much of my resources. Trading in a nurse for a Belle or punk zombies are good ideas. I just remembered about the reaper barmaid I have, she would make a great belle. The one who's leaning over showing her chest. Great model for an undead whore to lure someone :) At least until I can get the actual ones.

We've been playing low point games and some starter box games. That's the other reason why I was trying to get this to work.

Ive found a nurse makes the construct a MONSTER in combat; a coupla of buffs and hes a mincing machine.

Yeah... then it immediately dies. I would never put that stuff on a 5 stone model, let alone a 7 stone model. Necropunks and Dogs are the only thing I would even touch with Massive Dose. Maybe that's why I dislike the nurse.

It might not be a bad idea to do it on the FG if you are going to send it into combat, and it may potentially die before it gets sacced. Especially if you can get it to reactivate, at Wk 7 with CB 10 and a :+fate, that's 2-3 attacks it will get. Just be sure not to do this when he's completely healthy. It may also be a good idea to kill him off yourself so you don't lose out on the tokens he will provide.

Sure, that's resources, but you're going to get back 4 Body Parts from your FG.

Yeah, in one game I used the drugs on him and forgot when he died that I wouldn't get counters :( Won't be doing that one again. Hmm killing him off myself feels a little underhanded but then again I am playing Resurrectionists ;) You could use reactivate and stimulant, which don't kill em until the start close phase. Then take him down myself before he gets sacrificed *rubbs his hands together with an evil grin!

Im going with Werecat and suggesting the Punk Zombies. I have been using 2 of them in all my games now. The damage is solid, dual katanas for the extra flip, chance for rot... etc. Just a really solid model for the cost.

There has been a couple times i would have liked a nurse for healing, but I dont have them currently in my list (if i did it would only be 1) and really prefere the damage output of the punk over the nurse ability.